Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 147

Thread: Could someone please give me a serious argument for the mute system?

  1. #11

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by sn1 View Post
    Haha. Did you miss the point of what I said or are you being sarcastic? Funny none the less.
    No, you are literally saying that making fun of a less abled person IRL for not being able to walk is equivalent to telling someone they suck at a game, in the game.

    Check your privilege cisabled scum.

  2. #12
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    377
    Well, It works. If you don't think so, it, you know, it's just your oppinion, man!

  3. #13
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonWasTaken View Post
    No, you are literally saying that making fun of a less abled person IRL for not being able to walk is equivalent to telling someone they suck at a game, in the game.

    Check your privilege cisabled scum.
    Everyone who trips on the street is handicapped now?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    handicapped
    Not the word I used and also ableist language. You need to check your privilege too.

  5. #15
    Basic Member D.E.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SPACE
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubs View Post
    Okay guys, I'm looking for a serious argument in favor of the mute system, because I just don't understand. At the very least, why would valve not have an option for players to unmute the muted players? Like, they are defaultly muted but you can unmute if you wish. You can already mute people if they are bothering you with one click. So I just dont understand why there has to be a system that mutes people without an option for the player's team to unmute them. This isn't coming from a whiny kid who's mad about being muted, I am legitimately trying to understand. I'm a bit sick of having 2 or 3 people on my team who can't communicate aside from chat wheel.
    Yes, be a positive influence on the community without having a negative attitude and you shouldn't be muted. The system is solid and continues to work properly, its not 100% perfect but its damn close. Welcome to real life though nothing is perfect.

    Why would someone want to un-mute an idiot?

    So again, Thank you Valve for punishing people who deserve to be punished, god willing they will stop playing Dota 2.
    Pro MUTE System
    • If you complain about it, you're one of the people who have taken swift punishment from it. Proving it works.
    • If you keep arguing against it, you're a repeat offender, proving it works again.
    • ONLY REPEAT OFFENDERS continue to fight it.
    • Thank you Valve! Finally a system that shuts bad attitudes, big egos and ignorance down like a bad habit.

    Do you disagree? Please let me know why HERE!

  6. #16
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by D.E.A. View Post
    Yes, be a positive influence on the community without having a negative attitude and you shouldn't be muted. The system is solid and continues to work properly, its not 100% perfect but its damn close. Welcome to real life though nothing is perfect.

    Why would someone want to un-mute an idiot?

    So again, Thank you Valve for punishing people who deserve to be punished, god willing they will stop playing Dota 2.
    Not everyone who is muted is an idiot. Suggesting so is idiotic and ignorant. I have been banned once and i had done nothing. I generally don't even talk in chat. I'm not even muted i'm just sick of dealing with muted teammates whom I can't unmute.

  7. #17
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvstery View Post
    Valve already explained about the mute system on their main website Dota2.com if you haven't read it already I suggest you should right now. Simply put, the mute system is shown statistically helping the game and improve the Dota2 community. The mute system has been improved and the mute ban rate has droped alot. currently only 1 percent of the players are muted. really if you just play the game and be friendly the mute system isn't a problem at all. The trolls who post complain all deserve to be muted and I have never been muted ever. So I can prove the mute system is good.
    Never trust statistics.

  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonWasTaken View Post
    Not the word I used and also ableist language. You need to check your privilege too.
    You misunderstand. You see I tripped on the street on the way to work this morning. Taking your comments all together presents lack of clarity. I need your guidance in determining the proper terminology for what's wrong with people who have at one time in their life misstepped and exactly how offended we should to be at a seemingly benign analogy.

  9. #19
    after implementing the system mute, I can not get 2 + days without being mutated.

    uncompensated today was mutated why I asked if it was a man or a woman who was talking to me .. what's wrong with that? which the logic of this system? First I think this system is violating a law that exists in all countries, freedom of expression, ..
    summarizing this is idiotic.

  10. #20
    Basic Member Slotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubs View Post
    Okay guys, I'm looking for a serious argument in favor of the mute system, because I just don't understand. At the very least, why would valve not have an option for players to unmute the muted players? Like, they are defaultly muted but you can unmute if you wish. You can already mute people if they are bothering you with one click. So I just dont understand why there has to be a system that mutes people without an option for the player's team to unmute them. This isn't coming from a whiny kid who's mad about being muted, I am legitimately trying to understand. I'm a bit sick of having 2 or 3 people on my team who can't communicate aside from chat wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotz View Post
    The whole purpose of the mute system is not only punishing the rager, but it's also an attempt to make the offender modify his behavior by educating him on how to properly behave.

    If there is an option to unsquelch ragers, we most likely won't see that happening since these are the people that think others should just grow "thicker skin". What we will probably see is people saying that they have an agressive way to express themselves and whoever isn't a "childish carebear" and actually has the so-called "thick skin" can just unmute him. This will result in a bigger communication issue than the current one, since these people will just communicate in the normal chat and not the chat wheel, so only the people who unmuted him will hear MIA calls, get backs and etc. And since being muted won't be so bothersome, he will just revert to his normal raging status instead of attempting to better himself, not being worried about getting reported or comm mute.

    People like this would be ever more rare:

    Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I used to flame a lot, and still do sometimes but not as much, and I have been on the receiving end of a 7 day mute last week which I totally deserved and I honestly think it has helped me play better while I was muted I didn't focus on chat and haven't lost time getting into petty arguments so from me the mute system gets a thumbs up.

    My issue is with also getting AUTOMATIC Low priority when someone reports me for something that isn't verbal harassment, this happens because before the mute system I used to flame(rage) and I gathered a big amount of Verbal Abuse reports which has gotten my account flagged for the automatic LPQ pool but now with the introduction of the new system I believe old flamers should get removed from that pool, we are now getting doubly penalized (muted and instant automatic LPQ) just because we got reported for verbal abuse before the mute system was implemented.
    People need to change their toxic attitudes and this mute system is actually helping a couple of people in that direction.
    because of this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •