Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Compilation] Rupture interaction list

Basic Member

Exclamation [Compilation] Rupture interaction list

So, I made a reddit post to enlighten some guys who didn't know the mechanics behind HP-removal and thought I might aswell copy it due to potential bugs being overseen.

Quote Originally Posted by UrE
    HP-removal:

-Goes through magic immunity

-Won't be blocked by invulnerability and continues to deal damage (even during: Ball Lightning, Omnislash, Time Walk, Snowball, Borrow Strike, Waveform, Refraction, Kunkka's CoCo Rum, Overcharge, Dispersion, Bristleback, Backtrack)

-Can't get reduced/amplified by magic resistence nor armor

-Can't get amplified by any source

-Doesn't disable Blink Dagger, Heart Tarrasque, Return (Spirit Bear)

-Won't end consumables such as Clarity and Salve or items like Tranquile Boots

Also on Rupture:

-Can't get purged or dispelled by any living source (includes: Bloodrage, Euls, Diffusal Blade, Manta Style, Surge, Repel, BKB, Aphotic Shield, Demonic Purge, Dark Pact, Time Lapse, Kraken Shell, Infest*)

-Rupture debuff will be lost upon death (includes: Aegis, Reincarnation, Super Nova or (self)denies by Bloodrage, Nightmare, Rot, Unstable Concoction's Stun, Death Coil, HotD, Life Break, Bloodstone and Suicide Squad Attack)

-Currently (might change): Deals 3 dimensional damage - affects: Toss, Euls, Ravage, Torrent etc. (going up and down both deal damage)

-Might affect Pandarem Brewmaster during Primal Split (due to the way itīs coded)

Anything that should be added or is missing?

It would be cool if people would test some of those interactions to see if they're aren't working as they should. I am aware of the fact that some of those things listed above are already confirmed to be not working thus listed as bugs.

Regards

* Rupture should deal damage to Naix during Infest if the units is moving - unless I'm mixing things up.

Bugs/Interactions: - fixed | unfixed | half-fixed (damage at end location of movement - should deal damage while traveling)

- Rupture initial damage as well as damage/unit gets blocked by invulnerability (Ball Lightning, Omnislash, Time Walk, Snowball, Borrow Strike, Waveform, Refraction, Kunkka's CoCo Rum, Overcharge, Dispersion, Bristleback, Backtrack)

- Rupture disables Spirit Bear's Return, Heart of Tarassque, Blink Dagger and breaks consumables such as Clarity/Salve or items such as Tranquil Boots.
    Last edited by UrE; 06-05-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Can't be dodged with pseudo-evasion.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    Can't be dodged with pseudo-evasion.
    Well, it doesn't get blocked by Backtrack in Dota 2 - that's why I didn't list it but I might aswell.

Volunteer Moderator
    Well, it shouldn't get reduced by things such as dispersion etc. either, but it still does...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrE View Post

* Rupture should deal damage to Naix during Infest if the units is moving - unless I'm mixing things up.

that would be unlogical since rupture makes you lose blood if you walk, since you are not walking you shouldnt lose HP

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    that would be unlogical since rupture makes you lose blood if you walk, since you are not walking you shouldnt lose HP

Half the heroes in the game don't even have blood, so they should be immune as well plz Valve
    Last edited by mittons; 06-06-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mittons View Post
    Half the heroes in the game don't even have blood, so they should be immune as well plz Valve
    well the skill doesnt say they bleed, just a rupture (of course, many people would assume its blood, but could be essence), so a hole was open in them or something.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    That's wrong. Rupture works like that:

Simplified: Target A gets damaged by D1 initial damage (hp-removal), Rupture debuff is applied. If A moves X amount of units per T seconds it gets damaged by D2 (= 0.2/0.4/0.6*X) amount of damage (hp-removal). If X >= 1300 units with T <= 0.25 sec, no D2 damage is applied.

Regardless of the source of movement that makes your hero move X amount of units. You should always take damage for the full duration of Rupture.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    added to sticky.

Thanks. I'll update the list this weekend and test some more. Sadly I can't test it in DotA anymore due to me forgetting how it's done effectively without the help of someone else.