Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Intended] AA's Ice Blast's Frostbite debuff doesn't get removed by Manta/BKB

Basic Member

[Intended] AA's Ice Blast's Frostbite debuff doesn't get removed by Manta/BKB

Hi, as far as i know Frostbite debuff should be removed by Manta split or BKB activation, at least it did before. Now the debuff stays no matter what (with or without Aghanims).

Edit by Buny:
    Purge should beable to remove the debuff but is not right now:
    Diffusal Blade Purge
    Neutral creep Purge
    Unstable Current Purge
    Doom Devoured Neutral creep Purge
    Demonic Purge
    Last edited by bu3ny; 01-23-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added list of spells

Basic Member
    Can confirm, AA ult wasn't removed by BKB, Manta or Dark Pact(normal rank 1 ult, no agh). It is removed in dota1 in the current version(again without agh didn't bother to check with it).

Basic Member
    That doesn't seem to match up with this: http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422318

Unless Icefrog changed how the spell works in DotA 1...

Basic Member
    also, in dota 2 wiki, it says it can be purged... so diffusal blade and any other purges

edit: thanks eric
    Last edited by chunkyboy; 06-06-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Basic Member
    ^sd ulti? u sure about that?

Basic Member
    AA's ulti was changed to be purgeable in 6.66, basically right after AA was added in dota1. It's been purgeable ever since afaik, and was in dota2 until recently(probably until this patch but haven't played AA in forever). The only bug with it is that Slark/Tidehunter couldn't remove it with their abilities, for some reason and in fact there's a known bug report for that.

also add euls which should remove it but in fact doesnt
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    AA's ulti was changed to be purgeable in 6.66, basically right after AA was added in dota1. It's been purgeable ever since afaik, and was in dota2 until recently(probably until this patch but haven't played AA in forever). The only bug with it is that Slark/Tidehunter couldn't remove it with their abilities, for some reason and in fact there's a known bug report for that.
    The thread I posted was accurate as of 6.74. I just posted it because it was the original reference for future posts on the matter. As far as I'm aware the DotA 1 behavior is:
    - BKB blocks the magic damage, but does NOT purge the HP freeze/shatter debuff
    - Purge, Cyclone, Dark Pact, Kraken Shell remove the buff and it stays off
    - Manta removes the buff, but if you are not damaged within 0.5 seconds, the buff is triggered to reapply itself

I just want to make sure this is reported correctly. The buff being unpurge-able is a bug, but as far as I'm aware, the HP freeze/shatter are not removed by magic immunity.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Ice Blast is definitely removed by: Diffusal Blade Purge, Satyr Trickster's Purge, Unstable Current's Purge, Doom Bringer's Devoured Purge (this uses a different ability code), Cyclone from Eul's Scepter, and Demonic Purge, and Fortune's End.

It may also be removed by: Indeterminate. Things that can remove buffs based on BOac Command Aura Buff, I suppose.
    Last edited by imxtrabored; 06-06-2013 at 02:15 PM.