Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] heroes called by Axe do not attack Axe (when using certain spells)

Basic Member

[Fixed] heroes called by Axe do not attack Axe (when using certain spells)

Quote Originally Posted by FranticFrog View Post
    Happened to me yesterday with Leshrac's Diabolic Edict.
    Match ID: 154293882
    Replay Time: 41:30

I seem to be able to reproduce it:

First of all it only happens to me with a certain type of abilities. That's all those abilites which reactivate your last move command after you have activated them (Meaning you order to move to a point, activate the ability, and afterwards the hero continues walking to the point automatically again). E.g. Diabolic edict, Nature's attendants, or as mentioned above Slithereen Crush and Earthshock

1) Pick a hero with an ability of the type described above. And lvlup that ability.
    2) Order unit to move to a certain point behind Axe.
    3) Activate ability right next to Axe.
    4) Use Berserker's Call while the ability get's activated. Notice that it doesn't matter, whether the ability actually gets activated or whether it gets canceled in the animation. The only important thing is, that the Call triggers before the automatic move command triggers.

Result: The Hero get's ordered to move to the point issued in step 2)
    Expected: Hero should attack Axe.

I played Ursa and got called by Axe but Ursa kept moving past Axe and was not force to attack him. I couldn't do any spells, move or attack command as intented under call effect. After Ursa got the point I had clicked him to move to Ursa stod still until the call effect was over.

I expected Ursa to be forced to attack Axe and not run past him.

Match id:30280580
    At around 56 mins, radiant bot t2 tower.

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    i don't know why, but it's much easier to repro it now (maybe because i've tested only with ursa before?) 3/5 times it works with Slardar. I will post video bit later.

Last edited by bu3ny; 10-25-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Added quote with video to OP

Basic Member
    Can confirm, he gets called, shows so in the combat log too, but Ursa just keeps running toward mirana instead of attacking axe. Nothing else special about it that I can tell so seems like a bug.

Basic Member
    I can confirm this as well. Happened very recently as well when I was playing Lone Druid solo top and an Axe was jungling in top forest while I was up against an ES+Keeper iirc. Basically the ES got called but instead of attacking the Axe he walked past him and stood still for the duration.

I've seen it and had this happen to me on several occasions. Basically what happens is while they are actually affected by the spell they instead move to another point and proceed to stand still because they can't use skills or attack due to the call effect. I'm not sure what triggers it though.

Basic Member
    Failed to reproduce it. Should be added to sticky since its clearly visible what happends in the match and other people has seen similar things in other games?

Basic Member
    we usually try to add reproducable stuff to the sticky, unless they are very frequent and gamebreaking.
    but lets add it to the sticky so it wont get forgotten.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I find it similar to Disruptor Kinetic Field sometimes glitching and people walking out of it, it's fairly rare and more or less impossible to reproduce, might be an issue with server/lag instead of coding or what not.

Basic Member
    tried to get a repro of that...in about 300 tries only one time ursa was able to walk away with berserker call, and i cant figure out what was so special in this one

Basic Member
    your avatar couldnt be more fitting for that post.;P
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

this prob is still there... i dont know why u cant fix it?
    2hrs ago i lost a game coz my slad went in their crowd instead of attackin axe.
    this bug is def gamebreaking in some situations and extremely annoying.

happend 3 times in one gameID: 96699617

Each bug is gamebreaking ins SOME situations. However, this bug is realy rare, hard to reproduce and most times not such a huge problem (he was still unable to fight).