Thread: [Confirmed] Disruptor's Thunder Strike's damage grows if you level it up mid-use

[Confirmed] Disruptor's Thunder Strike's damage grows if you level it up mid-use

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but I've read before that if heroes level up while their projectiles are en route to the enemy, they also "level-up," in other words, grow stronger. So I'll post this here first:

Summary:
    See title.

Repro steps:
    1. Pick Disruptor. Level him up to at least lvl 7.
    2. Skill 1st Skill to only 1 level.
    3. Cast 1st skill on enemy.
    4. Level 1st skill for every Thunder Strike.

Result:
    You can see in the Combat Log that every next strike's damage grows in according to the 1st skill's level.

Expected:
    I have no idea. Again, I'm posting it here to confirm if it's intended.

Basic Member
    Congrendulates, it's a bug! Thunder Strike's level should only be checked upon cast, and should not be rechecked during the skill.

Banned
    Is that supposed to happen with the every other ability?

Basic Member
    Most, but not all abilities, should be checked only once upon reaching cast point. Off the top of my head, I only remember Shadow Poison is an exception.

And powershot. I always save a bit of mana leveling up half-channeling (and I remember checking it in DotA1 and not reporting it, so I assume it did work like that in DotA1)

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shalafi View Post
    And powershot. I always save a bit of mana leveling up half-channeling (and I remember checking it in DotA1 and not reporting it, so I assume it did work like that in DotA1)
    Well, the channel time is different than the cast time. Mana is deducted at the end of the cast time. If it happens with channeling then it sounds like that's unintended.