Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Traded strange inv cape - it lost the kill count

Basic Member

Traded strange inv cape - it lost the kill count

Hi, after getting strange cape of the dark magic for invoker with 70 kills, it became 0 again after the trade.

Banned
    Intended.

Valve Developer
    Yes, this is currently the intended behavior (they work the same way in TF2). We're intended to change the strange system to a new rune & slot system that will let you take strange stats out of items and move them around, but that's still a ways out. At that point we might re-examine clearing strange values on trade.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonReinhart View Post
    Yes, this is currently the intended behavior (they work the same way in TF2). We're intended to change the strange system to a new rune & slot system that will let you take strange stats out of items and move them around, but that's still a ways out. At that point we might re-examine clearing strange values on trade.
    Wow, that would be nice!

It would be even nicer though if there was a way of making any item strange (think parts, or a strange modifier scroll bought via store). Everyone has an item they prefer, and currently the chances of it being strange are almost 0.

Basic Member
    Wow really? That's pretty cool, but what am I going to do with my modifiers? I'm hoarding them because they're no longer available.... please don't make them worthless

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by polkunus View Post
    Wow really? That's pretty cool, but what am I going to do with my modifiers? I'm hoarding them because they're no longer available.... please don't make them worthless
    Look at him, not even pretending he's not a hoarder
    Last edited by andzie; 06-10-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Basic Member
    @ Brandon Reinhart:
    I don't like that idea.

If a new strange item comes out I want everybody to have a fresh start at collecting killcount for that strange item. That way you can compare and compete with your friends.
    But if you can just shift your killcount around then it just shows who has been playing more. (Which already can be seen at playtime in Steam)
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Yep, Strange modifiers' counter should be just for the person owning the item. Otherwise it beats the purpose.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BGDaemon View Post
    Yep, Strange modifiers' counter should be just for the person owning the item. Otherwise it beats the purpose.
    I don't think they are going to change that.

What's bugging me is that they want to make a system where you can shift strange stats from one item to another. So if new strange items come out people already have 100+ kills on those item.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    I don't think they are going to change that.

What's bugging me is that they want to make a system where you can shift strange stats from one item to another. So if new strange items come out people already have 100+ kills on those item.
    I was referring to:
    At that point we might re-examine clearing strange values on trade.
    I think it would be wrong if they do it. Actually, I think the system is nice as it is and doesn't need further 'improving'.