Thread: Extra Instances of Damage From Soul Catcher Does Not Burn Refraction

Basic Member

Extra Instances of Damage From Soul Catcher Does Not Burn Refraction

Irrelevant since 6.82: Soul Catcher and Penitence doesn't deal a seperate damage instance anymore

When damage is blocked by Refraction, it eats the two instances from one damage source with one charge in Dota 2. Each instance should be a charge in DotA 1.

Probably affects Penitence, Stone Gaze, and Fate's Edict as well. Edit: and Flesh Golem, which is wrong for another reason.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 10-08-2014 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Irrelevant since 6.82: Soul Catcher doesn't deal a seperate damage instance anymore

Volunteer Moderator
    Definitely affects flesh golem (because it's only one damage instance in dota 2) :P

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Stone Gaze deals only 1 damage instance, just like Flesh Golem, so they naturally only use up 1 charge in Dota2. This is,as you already said, wrong for another reason.

Penitence and Soul Catcher however do 2 instances of damage in Dota2. The actual damage and the amplification. However, it seems like the amplification does only happen when the target gets actually gets damaged. So if for some reason your attack deals 0 damage, the amplification won't trigger, so a 2nd damage instance never happens. It's like Cold Snap not triggering on Abaddon when he has ulti activated.
    So it doesn't trigger when attacking Templar with Refraction buff, since it makes the attack deal no damage and no damage=no trigger.

Sticky Napalm works fine. It always gets triggered, doesn't matter how much damage the attack does or if it does damage at all, as long as the attack connects, it triggers.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    If i remember correctly from when I tested this, they only dealt one instance in the Combat Log as well. Even if the "block means no amplification" is intended, it would still matter for Living Armor.

But maybe I remember incorrectly. It's been a long time.