Thread: [Irrelevant since 6.82] Illusions take bonus damage from HP removal

Volunteer Moderator

[Irrelevant since 6.82] Illusions take bonus damage from HP removal

Summary:

As title, wave of terror etc. will deal damage multiplied by the illusion multiplier instead of just having their HP reduced by the correct amount. Somewhat inspired by http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=84178

Repro:

1) Pick naga, 1 level in mirror image
    2) Spawn enemy vengeful spirit, 4 levels in wave of terror
    3) Use wave of terror on naga mirror images & naga

Result:

6 * 90 = 540 HP removed

Expected result:

90 HP removed

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

As an aside, anything in the same calculation bracket as this multiplier (sprint, MoM active, overcharge, dispersion, bristleback^^, flesh golem^^^) seem to work incorrectly against HP removal... There REALLY should be a blanket fix for this sort of stuff... Like surely damage type: HP removal can be coded to ignore this calculation step? Also as another aside, ONLY pseudo-evasions belong in one calculation bracket, illusion multiplier in another, flesh golem in another and MoM active and sprint in another... Like:

Hero with MoM active, dispersion, overcharge and flesh golem against them and ghost ship's rum on:

(1 + 0.3) * (1 - 0.22 - 0.2 - 0.5) * (1 + 0.3) = 0.1352
    MoM active, dispersion, overcharge, rum, flesh golem
    [rampage based] * [pseudo evasions] * [triggered damage instances]

Currently it is:

(1 + 0.3 - 0.22 - 0.2 + 0.3) * (1 - 0.5) = 0.59... God damn it. [the rum damage will obviously occur again later, but it's still VERY incorrect]
    (MoM active, dispersion, overcharge, flesh golem) * rum

^^works against most, according to a report blocks rupture incorrectly

^^^Haven't tested this, but just a hunch (I will check it later)
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 06-10-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Basic Member
    Honestly, all the order-of-damage-calculations stuff gives me such a headache that at this point I might not even mind if Valve just says "okay no more touching damage order stuff, it's close enough as is". I haven't been on good terms with numbers in a while I think.

This bug though? With the illusions and stuff? Is definitely a bug. Should be fixed. Yeah.

Berserk-based abilities aren't even in the same calculation bracket as the triggered stuff though aren't they??

Volunteer Moderator
    Berserk based are currently in the same calculation brackets as dispersion and overcharge. And flesh golem. And illusion modifier (although that's effectively impossible in practice).

In WC3: Berserk abilities are a hardcoded multiplier, so occur before the single damage instance is output (so occur before pseudo-evasion reductions, triggered damage, etc.)

Basic Member
    Has the Berserk calculation occuring in the same bracket as the others been reported as a bug? I want to say this affects something...

Volunteer Moderator
    I thought that it had, at some stage. Perhaps I only thought about reporting it (It was in my spectre bugs spree), here's a somewhat related topic: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=72418 but I remember specifically saying that dispersion + MoM caused incorrect damage output somewhere...

EDIT: NVM, found it: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=72414 low 292, but I dislike how it's been termed on the bugs list... Should specifically state Dispersion and Mask of Madness IMO
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 06-10-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Basic Member
    Man, I keep forgetting to double-check and report some things. Been meaning to double-check and report: Eidolon timer is weird and off, Backdoor protection is definitely wrong on some aspects, something that I can't remember now (which bothers me; I have a feeling it was moderately significant, something about Doom maybe?), and I wanted to double-check how exp and kill gold was actually awarded in DotA, but that section of the JASS is arcane and messy, and since I was interrupted on that last part by 6.78, I've been putting off on getting back to it. Blaargh.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage