Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking broken

Matchmaking broken

Okay, first off - I don't want to sound like one of those jerks who whine that they lost. Normally, I wouldn't. But I've had enough. I know it's just a game and I can stop playing it anytime I want and being mad about a game is childish, etc, etc, but this SHIT is rediculous:

I don't see myself as a good player, on the contrary. But I'm tired of losing games because of other people's selfishness, lack of map awareness and aggressive behaviour towards teammates (the type 'I am better than you so stfu and leave me to do whatever I want'). Every single on of these games is lost because we basically play 4 or 3 vs 5. Bear in mind that this is solo MM, yet the other team is always better than mine. How are these games lost?
    Most of the games are lost because nobody picks supports. I'm tired of playing supports and I want to change for a little so I always random first and play whatever I get. Well, it's close to the mind of a reasonable human that plays team-based game that you must think for the team. And if you got last pick, you must pick whatever is needed. So we have offlaner (me), mid, jungler, carry for bot and we need support. Oh well, you won't get it mister! You get 'farming bot!!!!' Mirana form... oh yeah, Russia! So when she fails the game it's because she didn't have farm. Next game I get on the same team with her (this time - Trax). I play AA, we are dual vs Weaver. She can't fuckin hit 1 silence so we can kill him! In the end - I am 2/5/19, she is 2/16/11. WTF?! And, of course, it's my fault.
    Next game - same shit, different player. We need support, last pick is Mirana again, again failure - no wards, no flying chick, I (as Timber) had to get chick and flying and share lane with Doom - result is no levels, no farm for me, basically useless player.
    Then we have the 'mid and feed' type of players. Pick BS, goes mid vs Pudge (I am offlane Weaver vs PA, Lion, Tide) and fails horribly. Like 0/4 the first 6mins. I have 1 death by that time (didn't see their sentries, never made that mistake again). Of course, my fault that I fed (???), other's fault for no wards (he had 2 wards mid)... So yeah.
    And so on, and so on. And problem is - I DON'T FUCKING HAVE ENOUGH REPORTS TO REPORT THEM ALL. Not only MM is broken, but you can't report players for lack of teamplay. And there should be report of that, because it's a team-oriented game. 2 reports a week? Are you fucking kidding me?! They are not enough for 1 game only. You ping the fucker where the enemy players are, you say 'they are there, get back or TP', yet he continues to farm. And dies.
    And they are fucking russians, that's why. All of the players who failed the games were from Russia, most likely muted because the only thing they do is spam pings and spam 'Well played!' when somebody dies. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING IN ENGLISH MM?! Force players from Russia, Ukraine, etc that are not playing in pro teams to play only in Russian servers and in Russia MM. They are plague, can't you see it?! I have Europe West and English MM, yet there are several 'сука' players in my team. If you don't speak English, you don't play in English MM... IS IT THAT HARD OT UNDERSTAND!?

So yea. That's it. I'm bored of losing, I'm tired of being mad. I can't find a game with players on my level. If I go normal MM - I get vs 5 stack with 2 stack. If I go solo MM, I get 'mid and feed' or 'farming failure' players. And I can't do ANYTHING to prevent this - settings for MM are useless, reports are non-existent, players are unpunished. And it just makes me leave a game when I see that the jerk who ruined my previous game is on my team again... AND HE RUINS IT AGAIN! Sadly, I'm not an ass so I stay and lose.
    MM of this game is totally broken. And I have no desire to play another 1000 games to see if I'm wrong or right. I may be bad - yes, but then why I'm not matched vs equally bad people so I lose? 10 losses in a row clearly means that something is broken. I may be good, then why aren't my teammates on the same level so we can win? Maybe I will play again after TI3. Probably not. I doubt this will even be read by someone who deals with the MM-process.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BGDaemon; 06-10-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Basic Member
    About the russian problem see my signature. I made a thread about enforcing the language filter.

About your problem with matchmaking. Sadly you cannot do much about it. Valve claims they are matching you with players similiar your skill level (which I don't really believe in). Best advice I can give you is to go into a chat channel and look for a stack.

I usually spend less than 10 minutes to look for a casual stack. These people are teamplaying more often and they do pick supports.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

curious, what's your w/l ratio? almost everyone is 1:1 no matter the streak of loses you get. I'm still trying to push past my 20 wins over my amount of losses, while all my friends are almost spot on with equal wins and losses.
    also, i suggest making friends who are similar in skill+ that you can have fun playing with and who dont care as much when you guys lose. party up w/ them.. create a team too if you want.
    i play in a 4/5 stack all the time.. when we lose, sure we get frustrated but its not as bad with other random pubs. plus we can always count on there being a hard support and whatever mix we want.

Basic Member
    start smurfing
    play 20 games
    make new account

only way to not lose 10 games in a row against the biggest bunch of noobs just because your team is even worse

Thank you for your replies and constructive feedback.
    W/L ratio now is 381/371 (3 abandons because of electricity and internet failures) after these loads of losses. I had more than 25 wins 'buffer'. I really don't think that w/l shows much about the player just because of the team nature of the game. I am perfectly fine with 50% w/l if it is destributed evenly. That said, it's no problem for me to have 2 wins, 3 losses, 1 win, 1 loss, 3 wins, etc. That's the way it should be. But 10 losses in a row?! Before that - 1 win, and before that win like 5 losses in a row? How is that remotely close to 'even destribution'? :/ I won't have 10 wins in a row, will I? Well, I hope I won't because that will even further confirm my statement that MM is broken.
    MukenTuken, I really don't like smurfing, it's quite douchey in my opinion. And while I agree that this is the only way, I still don't approve of it.
    How (more like 'where') do you look for casual stack, GermanViet? I am casual player and I really don't have the time and dedication to make/take part in a serious team. Besides, with my work I don't have much time for playing. That's why I was happy when they introduced the solo MM. It was the best way to have a casual game to relax and not get vs 5 stack that smoke-ganks on the 2nd minute. Or so I thought back then. I totally approve enforcing language filter!

You did it, Valve! Well done! This is very well-balanced MM that gives me players on my level. Wins and losses are distributed evenly and I am one happy player.

NO I AM FUCKING NOT!

PS: On the last game I bought wards and dust (wards were always on cooldown), yet I still were blamed that we didn't have wards?! Team composition:
    Drow, Naix, SD (that was me), Invoker, Morph

So fucktards want to play carry, want all the farm and want wards. SHITFACED FUCKERS! I want to be muted from the game if that means better MM. I can't get anyone's attention (from the devs I mean) neither with cursing, nor with normal tone. It seems that the broken MM doesn't concern them. All they care about is TI (money for them) and items (more money for them). It's quite obvious here in the forums as well - only the cosmetics' subforum is the one having Valve members replying.

FIX YOUR SHITTY MM, VALVE!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BGDaemon; 06-13-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Seems like you need to up your skill homeslizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    Seems like you need to up your skill homeslizzle
    No, it doesn't. If I am bad, then I should be placed vs equally bad people. Why I am not?! Enemy team has 2 supports, constant wards and sentries and smokes. My team has 4 carries and me not having money for anything because if I try to get a creep from pull or from lane I get abused the whole game.

So how exactly I am supposed to improve my skill level? Enlighten me, please... 'homeslizzle'.

Agreed. This system is completely flawed. I'm getting really tired of queueing with players who have 300 wins but STILL do not know how to last hit. Had a guy get Necro on All Random. His buddy got Rubick, they refused to go anywhere but top. They were against an Axe and a Beastmaster. They failed completely and after feeding Axe all the farm he wanted and kills he wanted the Necro and Rubick ended the game with a combined 40 Last Hits.... This is "High" MM....

Quote Originally Posted by BGDaemon View Post
    No, it doesn't. If I am bad, then I should be placed vs equally bad people. Why I am not?! Enemy team has 2 supports, constant wards and sentries and smokes. My team has 4 carries and me not having money for anything because if I try to get a creep from pull or from lane I get abused the whole game.

So how exactly I am supposed to improve my skill level? Enlighten me, please... 'homeslizzle'.
    try to communicate with your team so they stop picking 4 carries?