Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Expand the report system by allowing the option to tag comments (screenshots inside)

Basic Member
    +1 Wow constructive criticism and brilliant feedback. GJ

Basic Member
    It's so beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Bleako View Post
    Why do people believe that trashtalking should be automatically forgiven in the presence of another troll?
    I don't think cursing a guy for destroying the game is wrong. What if you told the guy who is doing everything he can to make the game miserable for everyone involved that he should be ashamed of himself? Don't you think he's going to report you for standing up for what is just? Because I have been globally muted for doing exactly that. In fact I have not cursed as much in all my years of playing WarCraft 3 DotA and DOTA 2 as I do now. I don't do it constantly, but when I do, you can bet that the troll was just waiting for someone(that someone being me in this case) to snap to be able to slap them with a report. And everyone makes mistakes. But making mistakes sometimes and being punished for trying your best is not consistent with Valve's altruistic claims.

Only by giving the trolls more power than ever before by making sloppy new versions of the reporting system am I actually beginning to lose a ton of patience. In fact, when I am muted I definitely ping a lot, while when I'm not I won't. This is something that I will actually report people for, is if they are spamming pings, and Valve even validated my reports by adding a feature that throttles the ping frequency of globally muted players only. And many people tell me that I'm overreacting. But Valve doesn't think I'm overreacting. If everyone played enough games every week, and everyone saved all their reports for reporting for communication abuse, I really think everyone would soon start getting muted for 168 hours.

Telling a guy he's a bad guy for condemning a bad person and then following up with thank you messages is telling everyone at the same time that everyone is both a good person and a bad person.
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 06-10-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Basic Member
    My only complaint of the mute system is when I have muted people on my team I feel like I AM being punished. they arent able to call items they are going for, how long on ult, out of mana, missings, missings going which way, or with runes. And a bunch of other stuff vital to playing at a decently high level. You also cant tell people you will swap with them, or suggest swaps etc etc. The mute system punishes people who did nothing wrong, as well as the people who are muted.

Basic Member
    YOU ARE THE MAN

Quote Originally Posted by dasstefan View Post
    it is indeed a problem, how could 2 reports a week help to get rid of 8 russians in a game with english language and eu west selected?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmendrich View Post
    If you could grasp the most basic knowledge about how to play DotA 2, and not be a feeder noob that gets harassed every game, you wouldnt be so desperate to keep this system

Great idea, it's just sad it'll only take 2 years to get implemented.
    Winter solstice.
    Quote Originally Posted by uebok View Post
    Muted scum shouldn't have an option to disagree with me. That's why they're muted.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post
    Great idea, it's just sad it'll only take 2 years to get implemented.
    +1

Basic Member
    +1 Awesome idea.

Basic Member
    this is amazing!

+1
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri Battousai View Post
    Firstly hi, i am not a racist but really i hate all of russians....