Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Afk Matches that takes up to 10h, Battle Points abuse?

Basic Member
    I dont even understand why one gets more points for playing a longer game..
    Whats the message of that? Drag the game to get more points? Dont just finish, farm the jungle after 2 barracks?

I do understand you should not get points for leaving a game or whatever.. But wheres the point in rewarding long matches?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dortayo View Post
    I dont even understand why one gets more points for playing a longer game..
    Whats the message of that? Drag the game to get more points? Dont just finish, farm the jungle after 2 barracks?

I do understand you should not get points for leaving a game or whatever.. But wheres the point in rewarding long matches?
    I completely agree.
    Many different people want many different things. Don't be upset if the thing that you want hasn't happened yet. It doesn't mean it will never happen. An Organization has a responsibility to prioritize the desires of the majority. A single individual (You) is a minority. Do not ask yourself whether or not your desires are relevant. Ask only if your desires are that of the majorities.

There's even group dedicated for abusing battlepoints, one guy said about it to me and it's possible to get 2500 points per night.

Should be fixed.

I still find it stupid however, because electricity cost most than some random item.

Basic Member
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE BATTLE POINTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO. THEY ARE GETTING FREE BATTLE POINTS?!?!?!?????????????????????????? THIS INJUSTICE MUST BE STOPPED.

Basic Member
    you mean your friends cant even end a game without people controlling their heroes?

Basic Member
    Actually if 10 of the players got BB for TI3 I could get 500exp for a 60mins-70mins game so afking for 10h only getting 2500points is not worth

Quote Originally Posted by MinG87 View Post
    you mean your friends cant even end a game without people controlling their heroes?
    Well first they place their Heroes on the Lanes so they automatically keep attacking the creeps all the time.
    And after 10h+ they look back and finish the game, and get alot of Battle Points and Items.

i'm pretty sure you'd get equal if not more BP for simply playing 10 games in those 10 hours

could be wrong tho

What can you get from 10h worth of battlepoints? maybe 1 mythical that is worth few $?
    How much electricity you use to keep pc up for 10h?

How they even stay alive at lane lets say at 7h? Creeps gets stronger at every x minute and if those heros at lanes dont have 6 slots I dont think they will stay alive.
    BIG RED TEXT ABOUT MM SYSTEM!!!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipu View Post
    What can you get from 10h worth of battlepoints? maybe 1 mythical that is worth few $?
    How much electricity you use to keep pc up for 10h?

How they even stay alive at lane lets say at 7h? Creeps gets stronger at every x minute and if those heros at lanes dont have 6 slots I dont think they will stay alive.
    If they reduce the cpu usage to minimum it shouldn't cost that much. They may also download stuff or idle in TF2 in the meantime to make up for the cost

Also note that on the screenshot, some people are disconnected. It could be just 2 people keeping the game going, then the rest reconnects and gets their treasure (yes, leavers get items from games they left)

Also they can stay alive because creeps will fight each other so it will be roughly even. If they get characters with almost equal base damage and main stat gain (or just make up for the difference using items) then the lane will be stalled permanently. If a creep or 2 survive and smack a player, it wouldn't kill them anyway because they naturally gain strength through levels. After 10 hours there's probably like 50 creeps bashing each other so it may be harder, but you can always pick ranged heroes with good strength gain and the regen ring for good measure. They can also let the lane get pushed to one side, then tower hug, then creep wave will go back and forth. It probably took a lot of trial and error to set it up perfectly without accidentally killing someone and therefore ending up getting the ancient

I just don't understand... How did they arrange this? Private lobbies don't give any battle points
    Last edited by HotShot888; 06-13-2013 at 07:29 AM.