Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: More than 1000 games of Dota. Still not muted.

Basic Member
    Shit you guys are so ANGRY

I think theres been some sort of communication issue here. When I say asshole, my standard for being an asshole is probably a lot lower compared to players who are big enough assholes to get themselves banned.

Yeah. I'm an asshole about the average amount. My point is you have to be a bigger asshole than me to get banned. Its not an easy thing to do. You don't just behave yourself and be nice every game and then "OOPS I guess I'm muted now for no reason now". NO. That is not how it works. And deep down you guys know that.

How about you guys just take a step back, examine how what you say affects other people, and wait out your punishment like a man. Have a good ol toke too just to put things into perspective.

Cheers guys. Enjoy your time in self reflection
    Many different people want many different things. Don't be upset if the thing that you want hasn't happened yet. It doesn't mean it will never happen. An Organization has a responsibility to prioritize the desires of the majority. A single individual (You) is a minority. Do not ask yourself whether or not your desires are relevant. Ask only if your desires are that of the majorities.

Basic Member
    double post
    Many different people want many different things. Don't be upset if the thing that you want hasn't happened yet. It doesn't mean it will never happen. An Organization has a responsibility to prioritize the desires of the majority. A single individual (You) is a minority. Do not ask yourself whether or not your desires are relevant. Ask only if your desires are that of the majorities.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier23 View Post
    My point is you have to be a bigger asshole than me to get banned. Its not an easy thing to do. You don't just behave yourself and be nice every game and then "OOPS I guess I'm muted now for no reason now". NO. That is not how it works. And deep down you guys know that.
    No, I actually don't know how the mute system works. Nobody does except the developers working on Dota 2, we can only guess how it works.

You create a thread with a misleading title and then you expect people to come in here and agree with you? Then you create another thread asking that all mute related threads be deleted/closed and you expect nobody to argue with you? How many bong rips have you had tonight?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secondbin View Post
    No, I actually don't know how the mute system works. Nobody does except the developers working on Dota 2, we can only guess how it works.
    Except, you know, what they tell us. There's so much 'knowledge' around here it's scary.

His title isn't misleading, it's sarcastic. He's pointing out that even when he crosses his own standards of 'being an asshole' he still doesn't cross the line enough to get muted, with the inference being that most people that get muted were FAR worse.

It mainly depends on whether you happen to offend a stack or not,
    Valve has said that it's impossible for stacks to chain report you. But you keep thinking that buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMorel
    Same thing basically happened to me. Got my first mute on Sunday, I couldn't figure out what for. Whatever, unmuted 24 hours later, and seriously NOTHING happened in the intervening games. No raging teams or anything. Still, BAM! 48 hour mute almost immediately.
    PaulMorel, I haven't checked any of your chatlogs, but from everything you have posted on here, it sounds like you are in the 1% of muted players who are actually innocent, or 'false positives'. All I can say to you is, sorry it happened to you. If you find yourself getting muted frequently, you might need to consider a new account, since your current one might be tarnished by marking you as a baddie.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

I think theres been some sort of communication issue here. When I say asshole, my standard for being an asshole is probably a lot lower compared to players who are big enough assholes to get themselves banned.
    What sort of behaviour do assholes exhibit, in your opinion?

Been playing very actively since the mute system was put into place. AND I've been a pretty huge asshole in a lot of my games. Still haven't been muted. I can only imagine how much of an asshole you have to be for the players who WERE muted.

1042 games of Dota. Still not muted.
    good for you, why we should care?

Been playing very actively since the mute system was put into place. AND I've been a pretty huge asshole in a lot of my games. Still haven't been muted
    If you are saying the mute systen isnt abusable then your logic is as follows

I have never been robbed, hence crime doesnt exists, anyone who claims they have been robbed, its a LIE, they are trying to scam their insurance company for sure

Oh and you have never been muted? well...
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Except, you know, what they tell us. There's so much 'knowledge' around here it's scary.
    We don't know how many reports it requires to be muted, we don't know if reports get dropped after a certain amount of time, we don't know many basic details so people just assume anything and then back up their opinion with these assumptions.

His title isn't misleading, it's sarcastic. He's pointing out that even when he crosses his own standards of 'being an asshole' he still doesn't cross the line enough to get muted, with the inference being that most people that get muted were FAR worse.
    Really? This is what you get from the title of the thread? "More than 1000 games of Dota. Still not muted." Nowhere in there do I see anything about being an asshole. Since you obviously don't even know what a title is, I see no reason to go on responding to you.

Basic Member

Valve has said that it's impossible for stacks to chain report you. But you keep thinking that buddy.

PaulMorel, I haven't checked any of your chatlogs, but from everything you have posted on here, it sounds like you are in the 1% of muted players who are actually innocent, or 'false positives'. All I can say to you is, sorry it happened to you. If you find yourself getting muted frequently, you might need to consider a new account, since your current one might be tarnished by marking you as a baddie.
    I love you. Finally. Someone with some common fucking sense. Everything you said was right, even the part about PaulMorel (I've been reading his posts).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmendrich View Post
    If you are saying the mute systen isnt abusable then your logic is as follows

I have never been robbed, hence crime doesnt exists, anyone who claims they have been robbed, its a LIE, they are trying to scam their insurance company for sure

Oh and you have never been muted? well...
    As I told you before in a previous thread, thats not what I am saying. Every system is abusable.

I guess I can dredge up my reply to you, which got buried after you deflected and then petty fogged your way out of it.

Aaaaaand now you're backpedaling. Attempting to play it off as sarcasm when you can't back up your claims. Don't make bullshit claims, then turn around and be a condescending little prick when someone calls you out on them. It was not sarcasm. It was a mistake that you can't own up to, like most of your posts on this forum.

As far as "proof" for whether or not the bans are deserved, Its so clear that they are. The sheer number of players who are incapable of letting off steam in-game, and thus have moved to the forums to do so is a testament of how many assholes it has rightfully justified. Additionally, the number of verbal abusers I (and the majority of other players) have encountered has dropped off almost completely. The change in the number of assholes in the game hasn't been subtle. Its been fucking paramount. The mute system is the catalyst for this much needed change.

Still need more proof? Look at the countless "plz valve unmute me this sum bullshit" threads. Most players who have been muted who start threads like this are complete assholes, and it shows through their posts. You can infer that these players were assholes in game, and deserved to be muted. The fact that you could even think about defending people like that is beyond preposterous.

Now, am I saying that everyone who has ever been mute banned by this system is an asshole? Absolutely not. I'm sure there are cases of abuse. But these cases are completely eclipsed by the staggering number of assholes its silenced. And honestly, if you're the type of person who was wrongfully muted, you undoubtedly have the capability of being reasonable in your appeal.

The mute system is working phenomenally.
    PS: You should really be taking accusations that you're a troll as compliments. People are clearly giving you the benefit of the doubt for not being so unreasonably and oppressively stupid.
    Last edited by Grenadier23; 06-12-2013 at 04:24 AM.