Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: More than 1000 games of Dota. Still not muted.

Basic Member

More than 1000 games of Dota. Still not muted.

Been playing very actively since the mute system was put into place. AND I've been a pretty huge asshole in a lot of my games. Still haven't been muted. I can only imagine how much of an asshole you have to be for the players who WERE muted.

1042 games of Dota. Still not muted.
    Many different people want many different things. Don't be upset if the thing that you want hasn't happened yet. It doesn't mean it will never happen. An Organization has a responsibility to prioritize the desires of the majority. A single individual (You) is a minority. Do not ask yourself whether or not your desires are relevant. Ask only if your desires are that of the majorities.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier23 View Post
    Been playing very actively since the mute system was put into place. AND I've been a pretty huge asshole in a lot of my games. Still haven't been muted. I can only imagine how much of an asshole you have to be for the players who WERE muted.

1042 games of Dota. Still not muted.
    prove it, link your steam profile.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drtherapist View Post
    prove it, link your steam profile.
    steamcommunity.com/id/Grenadier23

http://dotabuff.com/players/38193060
    Many different people want many different things. Don't be upset if the thing that you want hasn't happened yet. It doesn't mean it will never happen. An Organization has a responsibility to prioritize the desires of the majority. A single individual (You) is a minority. Do not ask yourself whether or not your desires are relevant. Ask only if your desires are that of the majorities.

I'm in the same boat. Almost 900 games, no mute.
    Pro MUTE System
    • If you complain about it, you're one of the people who have taken swift punishment from it. Proving it works.
    • If you keep arguing against it, you're a repeat offender, proving it works again.
    • ONLY REPEAT OFFENDERS continue to fight it.
    • Thank you Valve! Finally a system that shuts bad attitudes, big egos and ignorance down like a bad habit.

Do you disagree? Please let me know why HERE!

If you can find a single instance of me saying anything offensive in all 2000 games I've played, then I'll pat you on the back. If you can find enough that might constitute a mute-worthy offense, in a whole year of gaming, then I will give up dota entirely.

Here's my profile: http://dotabuff.com/players/1432759

Seriously, prove to me that I am a giant asshole. I am constantly muted now. Go to last week. Go to any period of my play. If I'm that big of an asshole, then I must have said something in all chat? Right? Show it to me and I will concede your point.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMorel View Post
    If you can find a single instance of me saying anything offensive in all 2000 games I've played, then I'll pat you on the back. If you can find enough that might constitute a mute-worthy offense, in a whole year of gaming, then I will give up dota entirely.

Here's my profile: http://dotabuff.com/players/1432759

Seriously, prove to me that I am a giant asshole. I am constantly muted now. Go to last week. Go to any period of my play. If I'm that big of an asshole, then I must have said something in all chat? Right? Show it to me and I will concede your point.
    How do I check chatlogs?

Also just wanna say I think its entirely possible that there are instances where players where wrongfully muted. Although its like that in any system. But I think 99% of muted players deserve it.
    Last edited by Grenadier23; 06-11-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Basic Member
    My personal experience is representative!
    Newsflash, it's not. I've played more than 1200 matches and got my first mute ever this sunday, second one followed in the single match I've played after the first one ran out. Have you been lucky, have I been unlucky? Doesn't matter.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECG View Post
    Newsflash, it's not. I've played more than 1200 matches and got my first mute ever this sunday, second one followed in the single match I've played after the first one ran out. Have you been lucky, have I been unlucky? Doesn't matter.
    It's not luck though is it.

Quote Originally Posted by ECG View Post
    Same thing basically happened to me. Got my first mute on Sunday, I couldn't figure out what for. Whatever, unmuted 24 hours later, and seriously NOTHING happened in the intervening games. No raging teams or anything. Still, BAM! 48 hour mute almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier23 View Post
    How do I check chatlogs?
    You have to download my replays. Still, if I'm such a huge asshole as OP insists, then this shouldn't take long. Download four or five, fastforward to the end, and hit enter to see the allchat. I warn you though, you will check all 2000 of my games without finding anything.

Also, the chatlogs on replays are bugged. You have to restart Steam for every replay, or the same text will play.

And here's a question: If the chatlogs on replays are bugged, how is everyone so sure that the report/mute system in general isn't bugged?