Thread: [Confirmed] Backdoor Protection Should Not Be Smooth

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Backdoor Protection Should Not Be Smooth

Turns out Backdoor Protection in Dota 2 was working better than I thought. There is one thing though.

In DotA 1, Backdoor Protection was 90 per second (appears same as Dota 2). However, it simply incremented by 90 in every 1 second jump. Additionally, the 90 heal would only work all at once, and would not activate if the health lost was less than 90. This has several results. One is that you could damage a tower up to exactly 90 without Backdoor Protection doing anything (because of weird things, I wouldn't count this as a Dota 2 bug). Another thing is that buildings under 90 hp effectively lose Backdoor Protection completely (except for the damage block), and buildings a bit over 90 are significantly easier to Backdoor, as the 90 HP jumps made them heal less immediately than the current smooth healing.

Another thing: Backdoor protection has an "activation time" of 15, this is incorrect. Backdoor Protection for each building is checked in 5 second intervals, so Backdoor Protection should activate and deactivate within 5 seconds for all buildings.

Backdoor Protection in DotA 1 was done in rectangles, but in Dota 2 it's done in circles, but I filed that under "not really important enough to actually check". I could if requested, but I don't think it's worthwhile.

Did you know the damage block from Backdoor Protection is actually 75% for illusions? This was actually implemented in Dota 2. Fun facts to learn.
    Last edited by imxtrabored; 08-28-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Basic Member
    Bumping some of my old posts that weren't noticed to get on the Confirmed List.

Adding.
    Please, just call me buny.