Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Bashes Should Deal Damage In A Separate Instance

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Bashes Should Deal Damage In A Separate Instance

Slardar's bash currently adds the damage in one instance. It should apply the damage in a separate instance of Physical damage.

This should have all of the usual effects of separate damage instances, such as removing extra Refraction or Living Armor charges.

Basic Member
    .- . If you're going that far, why not just include the other 2 melee bashes too? (Troll Warlord and Faceless Void) and MKB on melee hero if you want to go extra far.

With how uniform bashes are acting across the board (all damage adds up, longest duration, and you can lifesteal from all of them), well except Greater Bash which is an extra hit, I'd consider this another intended change.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    what about headshot? does it have an extra instance?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Headshot should not in DotA 1.

It seems that all bashes perplexingly add all of the damage into one instance, regardless of type. The damage appears to be correct for 25% Magic Resistance, but this behavior is ludicrous regardless (multi-typed damage instances??).

Another note: Time Lock during Chronosphere should deal a total of 3 damage instances; currently they are all conglomerated into a single instance in Dota 2.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    but putting it in separate instance means it can be also be blocked by vanguard. isnt it better making it same instance? (if he bash then less % of the dmg is blocked by vangaurd in case of one instance)

Quote Originally Posted by Dota2Critic View Post
    but putting it in separate instance means it can be also be blocked by vanguard. isnt it better making it same instance? (if he bash then less % of the dmg is blocked by vangaurd in case of one instance)
    And where did you get that from?
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    And where did you get that from?
    I dont know!! :S
    it doesnt block twice ? ( i thought vanguard has % to block for each instance)

Basic Member
    Melee bashes are magic damage so vanguard won't block them.
    Edit: Forgot about Slardar's bash being changed to physical. Yes, it should have a chance to be blocked by vanguard separately if its a separate instance.
    Last edited by crinckle; 11-14-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Slardars Bash has been physical damage for a few patches now