Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you report ppl for?

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I use them for what they are intended for, for when someone is deliberately being an asshole. And I don't mean the "OMG How could you build <item> on <hero>? WTF L2P noob" type of asshole, I mean the kind that spam places wards when you ask them to buy, or feeds courier and hero constantly, or spam mic with curse words and racism just because he can, that sort of thing.
    okay, game ruin is obvious, but what about communication reports?

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoloTopPlz View Post
    When some two guys ask for the safelane, proceed to feed in it, then fail for the rest of the game, and when anyone on the team(usually not me) tell them to help us in OUR LANES /abandon top lane for now since they failed it so hard - they start flaming. Best.Feeling.Ever when i know these scum get muted.
    you sound like you also flame them and they counter report you.. you should help their lane too.
    plus, everyone fails from time to time. there is no need to get mad about it..

ask yourself what had happend if you said like the following

"oh guys im sure you can do better "
    "stay at twr until im 6, then we kill them! "
    "guys, try gang mid now please"
    "lets focus on winning the other lanes and we can still take this midgame"
    "we just counter their (insert feeded hardlaner) with x item later, play safe and we have a shot mid/late"
    "well we can still wait till they throw it if you play safe now ^^"

if you do it like that, they might even listen to you
    if you do it like that, they might say sorry to you and you dont get so mad
    if you do it like that, you can have fun while losing

if you do it like that, and they still flame and feed, well at least you tried. now you can report them.
    Last edited by Stinkepete; 06-13-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Basic Member
    i depends on them, they could flame alle game - if they are funny i dont report him. I only report people i dont like

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkepete View Post
    you sound like you also flame them and they counter report you.. you should help their lane too.
    Some people fail far more than others, and far worse X)
    And MOST of those kind of people usually dont accept their mistakes and get angry when someone explains them why they are wrong
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by Shmendrich View Post
    Some people fail far more than others, and far worse X)
    And MOST of those kind of people usually dont accept their mistakes and get angry when someone explains them why they are wrong

i dont have a good link to you shmendrich, could you please not post in my thread?
    that would be awesome thx

i dont have a good link to you shmendrich, could you please not post in my thread?
    that would be awesome thx
    I have no links with you, the only one you might have is a dislike of my own opinions, and well...I'm afraid to tell you you are in a PUBLIC forum, if you dont like people commenting on what you write, then go to facebook and share it to "Friends only"
    Last edited by Shmendrich; 06-13-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by Shmendrich View Post
    A good link? I'm not your friend, and I'm not interested in becoming one with you, I have no links with you, the only one you might have is a dislike of my own opinions, and well...I'm afraid to tell you you are in a PUBLIC forum, if you dont like people commenting on what you write, then go to facebook and share it to "Friends only"
    i said that because every thread you are active in ends up in polluting the purpose of OP by having site long flamewars...

but okay, i will try to deal with it one more time.

so on topic

as i already tried to explain in this thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...410#post605410

you probably put someone in the "feeder" category after 1 death and then you start to be unfriendly, a little at first, but then because the guy who died is already pissed at his own performance, you will increase his anger by little words, resuling in him flaming back at one point. then you proceed with counter flame, making it impossible to win the game anymore because the team morale is ruined.
    you think the loss is the guys fault who died first, he thinks you or whatever BUT NO MATTER WHO IS GUILTY, you can drastically increase your chances of winning by being polite. Or at least have fun while losing.

you cant comeback from a bad start if your strategic tips are packed in flame, because then they wont listen to you. you need to be friendly to have a good time in dota.

i think ppl like you (most remove mute system sigs) can only have truly fun at this game when you are stomping, and thats a pity.

srsly what do you expect from them to do after you criticise a play?

"oh im sorry im so bad, i try to ward only and buy support items and do whatever you want, pls carry me big shmendrich, you are our only hope *bowing*"

just be friendly man its better for everyone
    Last edited by Stinkepete; 06-13-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dotaddiction View Post
    i depends on them, they could flame alle game - if they are funny i dont report him. I only report people i dont like
    so what makes you not like ppl?

this thread should give muted players a hint on what they did to get muted, please elaborate a bit

ask yourself what had happend if you said like the following

"oh guys im sure you can do better "
    "stay at twr until im 6, then we kill them! "
    "guys, try gang mid now please"
    "lets focus on winning the other lanes and we can still take this midgame"
    "we just counter their (insert feeded hardlaner) with x item later, play safe and we have a shot mid/late"
    "well we can still wait till they throw it if you play safe now ^^"

if you do it like that, they might even listen to you
    if you do it like that, they might say sorry to you and you dont get so mad
    if you do it like that, you can have fun while losing

if you do it like that, and they still flame and feed, well at least you tried. now you can report them.
    Nah i'm not that nice. I just propose they change their strategy and help other lanes, since they lost theirs. Sometimes i help the easy lane when i go mid, but i cant really do much from the offlane.

Are you Snow White btw? Cuz i never saw anyone so nice in all my years of dota2 and dota 1 who would say something like that when the safelane of wisp tiny loses FB and more to a solo Windrunner. It just blows my mind anyone could not be mad about that especially if it happens in "very high" skill bracket.

i think ppl like you (most remove mute system sigs) can only have truly fun at this game when you are stomping, and thats a pity.

srsly what do you expect from them to do after you criticise a play?
    You are entitled to your opinion, however if you judge people for their signature...well X) its worse than those players you complain about, its called double standards

And If you read the posts you so badly criticise, im not defending the fact of harassing noobs, problem is, it usually goes like this: (atleast for me)

Minute 2: We need wards (Chat wheel)
    Minute 5: We need wards (Chat wheel)
    Minute 7: We need wards (Chat wheel)
    Minute 10: Shaker, can you please buy wards?

(All of those meet with silence from earthshaker)

Minute 15: Top just died from a gank, can you please buy wards shaker? They have had the runes warded from minute 0 of the game, and we havent had 1 single ward
    (He finally replies) Buy them yourself
    Your hero is support, the rest of us are: 2Carry, initiator and jungler, you are the only support
    (To which he replies) Want wards? buy them yourself, You dont tell me how to play

After that, yeah I can get abusive, calling this kind of people "Noobs" and such, why? because I tried in a friendly way first, explaining them why they are wrong. Yet they are unwilling to learn and want to play a 5v5 team game as if it was a solo game that involves no team play, its not an insult, its a fact, "Noobs" are people who are unwilling to learn and get better, hence they never do, despite how long they play the game

And you know what is worst with this mute system? Games go like this:
    Noob feeds
    after politely asking him not to push alone and past river with all heros missing 3 times and being completely ignored I call him noob
    Some times we lose
    But when we win, its not because of him, you and the other good players of the team pull the game out and save it

And your prize? MUTE! you won a game despite having the worst noob in the game and your prize is a MUTE, the noob gets a win thanks to you and then he kicks you on the spleen and runs away (Supported by valve)