Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you report ppl for?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkepete View Post
    i think ppl like you (most remove mute system sigs) can only have truly fun at this game when you are stomping, and thats a pity.
    or if they aren't stomping, blaming other people and being complete assholes about it.

srsly what do you expect from them to do after you criticise a play?
    I see no value in trying to help anyone while playing this game, unless they specifically ask a question (which is rare). Just play the game and keep your conversation completely match related.

On topic: I only report people for verbal abuse. Everyone has a bad game.

I usually don't have to report people. Recently there was a case where a stack intentionally ff'ed by leaving at the same time. When thinking about communication I only have to report "mad kids". This has been the case less and less because of the report system.

By the way, reporting muted spammers doesn't work anymore as stated by Valve in their blog. Reporting russians for speaking russian is too few for a valuable report imo.

Basic Member
    90% people camping fountain, often with added comments and blame
    5% Racism and calling people retard (if you should find someone thats actually retarded, its not even ok to call him retard to his face, dont use it)
    5% taunting own team (ooh man so destructive)

have a nice day //insanisane

Quote Originally Posted by Shmendrich View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion, however if you judge people for their signature...well X) its worse than those players you complain about, its called double standards

And If you read the posts you so badly criticise, im not defending the fact of harassing noobs, problem is, it usually goes like this: (atleast for me)

Minute 2: We need wards (Chat wheel)
    Minute 5: We need wards (Chat wheel)
    Minute 7: We need wards (Chat wheel)
    Minute 10: Shaker, can you please buy wards?

(All of those meet with silence from earthshaker)

Minute 15: Top just died from a gank, can you please buy wards shaker? They have had the runes warded from minute 0 of the game, and we havent had 1 single ward
    (He finally replies) Buy them yourself
    Your hero is support, the rest of us are: 2Carry, initiator and jungler, you are the only support
    (To which he replies) Want wards? buy them yourself, You dont tell me how to play

After that, yeah I can get abusive, calling this kind of people "Noobs" and such, why? because I tried in a friendly way first, explaining them why they are wrong. Yet they are unwilling to learn and want to play a 5v5 team game as if it was a solo game that involves no team play

And you know what is worst with this mute system? Games go like this:
    Noob feeds
    after politely asking him not to push alone and past river with all heros missing 3 times and being completely ignored I call him noob
    Some times we lose
    But when we win, its not because of him, you and the other good players of the team pull the game out and save it

And your prize? MUTE! you won a game despite having the worst noob in the game and your prize is a MUTE, the noob gets a win thanks to you and then he kicks you on the spleen and runs away (Supported by valve)

dude.. i knew it.....again.. random examples off topic.. you just dont get it
    the post you just made.. is paraphrasing about 200 of your total posts in this forum.. you rly cant stay on the abstract level of things. there is no point in trying anymore, i give up on you

Quote Originally Posted by sn1 View Post
    Everyone has a bad game.
    http://dotabuff.com/players/19425828
    Just like I said, some people have FAR more bad games than others

Think about this....If every game you play, people constantly harass you and call you noob because you refuse to listen and to try to learn from their suggestions...Are they really the problem? What was the only common factor in all those games you were abused?

I see no value in trying to help anyone while playing this game,
    You do know this is a team game right?
    Last edited by Shmendrich; 06-13-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoloTopPlz View Post
    Nah i'm not that nice. I just propose they change their strategy and help other lanes, since they lost theirs. Sometimes i help the easy lane when i go mid, but i cant really do much from the offlane.

Are you Snow White btw? Cuz i never saw anyone so nice in all my years of dota2 and dota 1 who would say something like that when the safelane of wisp tiny loses FB and more to a solo Windrunner. It just blows my mind anyone could not be mad about that especially if it happens in "very high" skill bracket.
    well i usually que with 3-5 friends and use voice, and its usually very easy for me to get the random guys into our strategy, often they would join us on voice as we are ger/swe/eng and speak english
    for the times i solo que, i dont need the ecaxt statements i made above, i have to admit they are exagerated a bit, but in general i never flame or get flamed since i discovered the use of some month ago^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evo View Post
    I usually don't have to report people. Recently there was a case where a stack intentionally ff'ed by leaving at the same time. When thinking about communication I only have to report "mad kids". This has been the case less and less because of the report system.
    100% agree
    i made this thread to give the "mad kids" concrete examples so they can improve on their behaviour.

By the way, reporting muted spammers doesn't work anymore as stated by Valve in their blog.
    oh i didnt realise that, i guess i just have to deal with it then, but its not even so bad for me since im pretty happy such ppl only have chatwheel at their flaming disposal

Reporting russians for speaking russian is too few for a valuable report imo.
    i think when you que for english as a russian you should be able to speak english or at least remain silent. i dont insta report them, i kindly ask them to stay in eng and when they do it many times, its clear they WANT to annoy other people. in such a case a communication report is justified imo

Quote Originally Posted by insanisane View Post
    90% people camping fountain, often with added comments and blame
    5% Racism and calling people retard (if you should find someone thats actually retarded, its not even ok to call him retard to his face, dont use it)
    5% taunting own team (ooh man so destructive)

have a nice day //insanisane
    yea, the fountain camping and boasting about win seems to be an underestimated reason for reports.

have a nice day too mate

ask yourself what had happend if you said like the following

"oh guys im sure you can do better "
    "stay at twr until im 6, then we kill them! "
    "guys, try gang mid now please"
    "lets focus on winning the other lanes and we can still take this midgame"
    "we just counter their (insert feeded hardlaner) with x item later, play safe and we have a shot mid/late"
    "well we can still wait till they throw it if you play safe now ^^"

if you do it like that, reported
    fixed.

or if they aren't stomping, blaming other people and being complete assholes about it.
    i think they DONT have fun while doing so, thats why i want them to learn civilized behaviour

I see no value in trying to help anyone while playing this game, unless they specifically ask a question (which is rare). Just play the game and keep your conversation completely match related.
    yea thats a way of dealing with dota. many ppl do it like that and it works fine
    i guess you also mean

IF you want to give hints to other players, stay friendly or dont do it all

On topic: I only report people for verbal abuse. Everyone has a bad game.
    100% agree
    Last edited by Stinkepete; 06-13-2013 at 07:52 AM.