Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you report ppl for?

What do you report ppl for?

Since there are no guidelines and some people still dont seem to understand general rules of civilized behaviour, i thought it would be a great idea to give the perma-muted guys an idea what they do to get reported.

So personally, I report

-everyone that is already muted and spams chatwheel well played ("spamming" means using it 2-3 times at different points in the game) (about 30% of the time i reported someone he did that)
    EDIT:ty for telling me that valve changed this, ppl im gonna deal with those guys by reminding myself that they are already punished^^
    -people boasting in all chat after they won a game "haha owned with leaver noobs l2p" (ca 20%)
    -resuming pauses but claiming them for their friends (ca 20%)
    -unpolite criticism (even when its true) while buying troll items (ca 15%)
    -afkers that wrote "omg idc about game anymore" (ca 10%)
    -russians using voice and chat a lot on eng server, often in combination with trolling (ca 5%)

note that often its a combination of the above, for example a guy pause resuming shortly after he died, then using chatwheel ironically once, and in the end boasting/bragging about the win and his own performance with a simple "haha noobs"
    or a qop that plays well but is flaming his allie for overextending into a twr while going for dagon 5 and resuming a pause although his mate said he will be right back

I report people when i have the feeling that they have no respect for their fellow dota players (allies and enemies)

PLEASE DONT USE THIS THREAD TO ABREACT YOUR ANGER

and stay polite and respectful

EDIT some tips to not get muted and have fun in dota

so from most of the feedback i got it seems that the last seconds of the game are often moment of many reports, because ppl boasting about their win and excessive fountain camping makes many players angry and if the player menu pops up anyways, ppl tend to report at that point a lot more.
    ->when finishing a game, watch out for disrespectful behaviour more than usual to not get muted

also remember that ppl will always report communication, also for general cocky behaviour
    ->play afk farm prophet or dont buy wards with lina can get you muted even if you didnt say a word

if you want to win the game, dont criticize so much that the player doesnt have fun anymore. bad team morale=lost game. also note that a player is more likely do accept a mistake and say "sry" when you admit a mistake yourself too, as tiny as it may be.
    ex: "my farm mid sucks, so i shudnt talk, but i really think you should get wards so i can get runes and gang their carry "
    ->players learn so much easier if you use smileys
    Last edited by Stinkepete; 06-13-2013 at 08:42 AM.

how can you organize your reports into any % besides 50 and 100?

you only have two bans currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Talron View Post
    how can you organize your reports into any % besides 50 and 100?

you only have two bans currently.
    these numbers tell you how often a player i reported does such a thing (not in one game, but in general)

guys, tell me what you report people for and what should the player have done differently to not get reported?
    Last edited by Stinkepete; 06-13-2013 at 05:50 AM.

I use them to false report people for false reporting me.

Quote Originally Posted by nadaga View Post
    I use them to false report people for false reporting me.
    so what does false mean? give me an example of a guy who reported you for whatever you did and whats "false" in your opinion

I use them for what they are intended for, for when someone is deliberately being an asshole. And I don't mean the "OMG How could you build <item> on <hero>? WTF L2P noob" type of asshole, I mean the kind that spam places wards when you ask them to buy, or feeds courier and hero constantly, or spam mic with curse words and racism just because he can, that sort of thing.

When some two guys ask for the safelane, proceed to feed in it, then fail for the rest of the game, and when anyone on the team(usually not me) tell them to help us in OUR LANES /abandon top lane for now since they failed it so hard - they start flaming. Best.Feeling.Ever when i know these scum get muted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkepete View Post
    so what does false mean? give me an example of a guy who reported you for whatever you did and whats "false" in your opinion
    Btw i was somewhat joking but i do false rep for false rep too beside intended use

Easy you sup a guy, then later when it becomes obvious he was just a carry wannabe he hates on the guy who is the poorest in the team which was probably me since i was forced to play support and supported him, and i spent my money stupid support items. He can't report you for good play or bad play he just want to blame someone, and you can't report people for falsely reporting you

The thing is when he says he reports you then you can take it as a com abuse, because it was a threat to punish you for no reason, but if he just reps you, you may never find out.

I want to encourage responsible use of report system by using it irresponsibly

Quote Originally Posted by nadaga View Post
    Btw i was somewhat joking but i do false rep for false rep too beside intended use

Easy you sup a guy, then later when it becomes obvious he was just a carry wannabe he hates on the guy who is the poorest in the team which was probably me since i was forced to play support and supported him, and i spent my money stupid support items. He can't report you for good play or bad play he just want to blame someone, and you can't report people for falsely reporting you

The thing is when he says he reports you then you can take it as a com abuse, because it was a threat to punish you for no reason, but if he just reps you, you may never find out.

I want to encourage responsible use of report system by using it irresponsibly
    i am sorry sir, but you make no sense.

I want to encourage safe use of guns by not using them safely

Good job