Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 260

Thread: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

  1. #11
    Basic Member Djdkdjdkdjdk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mad Moon
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadthingsmikey View Post
    This post was perfect. It explained everything that's been wrong with the system and this has happened to me constantly. You say ANYTHING and the premade group reports you and you're done, 180 hours.
    I appreciate your feedback, however this post is not perfect. It has many things missing, but these are the things that are bothering me a lot. (and most likely many others too)

  2. #12
    Basic Member Stinkepete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My middle
    Posts
    477
    oh dear, your post seems genuine and i feel really sorry for you... my guess is that you were suuuuper unlucky..
    you will just have to stack with friends until you are in vh mm again. if you msg me your steam id we could stack up and tryhard some games and then play funny dagon dota i suggest you use the lfg chat in dota 2 and if you solo que, try to play either mid lane or support (as these have the biggest impact)

    i think if you play some more games (dont forget to put "muted" in ur name), you will have a winstreak again and end up where you were before.
    pls update on that, even if you dont priv msg me


    PS:
    shit, guys i can hear him coming, the end of rational discussion ends, the SHMENDRICHH arrives

  3. #13
    Basic Member Djdkdjdkdjdk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mad Moon
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkepete View Post
    oh dear, your post seems genuine and i feel really sorry for you... my guess is that you were suuuuper unlucky..
    you will just have to stack with friends until you are in vh mm again. if you msg me your steam id we could stack up and tryhard some games and then play funny dagon dota i suggest you use the lfg chat in dota 2 and if you solo que, try to play either mid lane or support (as these have the biggest impact)

    i think if you play some more games (dont forget to put "muted" in ur name), you will have a winstreak again and end up where you were before.
    pls update on that, even if you dont priv msg me


    PS:
    shit, guys i can hear him coming, the end of rational discussion ends, the SHMENDRICHH arrives
    Haha, I did put muted in my name. When I first got muted I immediately put it. However I played maybe a total of 20-30 games while muted and in about half of them no one even talked to me. About 7-8 of them people kept telling me to ping when you can't ping while muted. And the last 7-8 was just a bunch of rage and I just muted all of them -.-. I'd love to add you, I'll private message you later. For now I'm playing on my alternate account since its not muted. I'll add you once I'm unmuted. Thank you for your response
    ========================= / / / / / =========================

    ==== / / / / / ==============================================

    ===================================/ / / / /================

  4. #14
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    95
    +1

    It's time to admit your mistake Valve and start working on a matchmaking system that actually works.

  5. #15
    Basic Member VenomBHz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,094
    perfect matchmaking for dota is impossible as stated by the devs... move on.

  6. #16
    Basic Member erik-the-red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomBHz View Post
    perfect matchmaking for dota is impossible as stated by the devs... move on.
    He wasn't asking for perfect MM. He was asking for a better MM algorithm that doesn't force a 50/50 winrate by grouping you with horrible players following a win streak.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



    merci fenix

  7. #17
    Basic Member Djdkdjdkdjdk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mad Moon
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
    +1

    It's time to admit your mistake Valve and start working on a matchmaking system that actually works.
    Thank you for your response. Valve's whole idea of matchmaking is a contradiction. It says that it will matchmake you with and against people around your skill level, however they also said the matchmaking makes sure you have a 50% win and 50% loss, meaning if you win a lot it will force you to lose a lot rather than your wins and losses being based off your skill itself. Your wins and losses should be completely dependent on your skill as a player and when you lose a lot it will lower you down to people your skill level.

  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by Djdkdjdkdjdk View Post
    Haha, I did put muted in my name. When I first got muted I immediately put it. However I played maybe a total of 20-30 games while muted and in about half of them no one even talked to me. About 7-8 of them people kept telling me to ping when you can't ping while muted. And the last 7-8 was just a bunch of rage and I just muted all of them -.-. I'd love to add you, I'll private message you later. For now I'm playing on my alternate account since its not muted. I'll add you once I'm unmuted. Thank you for your response
    You can ping while muted. It's just your pings are limited to about 3 a minute. So you can't ping incessantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

  9. #19
    Basic Member hsdvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    874
    dotabuff link plz

  10. #20
    Basic Member Shmendrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by erik-the-red View Post
    He wasn't asking for perfect MM. He was asking for a better MM algorithm that doesn't force a 50/50 winrate by grouping you with horrible players following a win streak.
    1+

    There's no perfect ANYTHING, but the system can be way better than it currently is, and it is pretty bad as it stands right now
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •