Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Quote Originally Posted by erik-the-red View Post
    He wasn't asking for perfect MM. He was asking for a better MM algorithm that doesn't force a 50/50 winrate by grouping you with horrible players following a win streak.
    This is true, however I wasn't even having a winstreak when it randomly started putting me with horrible players. I was in the very high mmr and being obedient to the 50/50 winrate however I just suddenly was paired up with bad players and it started getting worse and worse and its just bad all the time. It was so bad, I tried to work with the other players however they were rude and obnoxious. Due to the fact I used up all my reports I usually ask the other team to report them. For example "Please report (name) for intentionally feeding and/or communication abuse" then be done with it. For all I know I was muted because stacks think it would be funny to report the person being ailed by bad players. I have another thread on the whole false reports.

dotabuff link please

Quote Originally Posted by erik-the-red View Post
    He wasn't asking for perfect MM. He was asking for a better MM algorithm that doesn't force a 50/50 winrate by grouping you with horrible players following a win streak.
    I'm pretty sure that the Dev said in the same post that they don't enforce 50% rate, but he is very happy when he sees ppl with that ratio. It means the system is fair and good.

Can't find the damn post, if someone saw it please help me and bring it here!!! It was on one of the thousands of threads complaining about matchmaking.
    He explained why you get pros on one match and retards on the other.

In my opinion its even more simple: It's impossible to measure peoples skill. You may be in a bad day, distracted, drunk, testing a hero or a strategy... If you mess this game, someone on your team will say: why this retarded is on my team? The system can't control eveyone's lives and how they will play a match.
    Last edited by VenomBHz; 06-13-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Djdkdjdkdjdk View Post
    This is true, however I wasn't even having a winstreak when it randomly started putting me with horrible players. I was in the very high mmr and being obedient to the 50/50 winrate however I just suddenly was paired up with bad players and it started getting worse and worse and its just bad all the time.
    There's no such thing as 'very high MMR'. When you watch the videos and filter by game type, what it gives you is the average ELO of the 10 players in that game. If that crossed a certain threshold, the game is scored at very high.

You getting paired up with bad players is likely due to the game adjusting your ELO down, and you perceive the players that are of that new lower ELO to be 'horrible players'.

Now, I don't know exactly what the factors that are taken into account when deltas to your ELO are calculated, but I would imagine that win/loss and KDA could be factors in the equation. In terms of trying to game your rating back up to the 'very high' bracket, I've seen it suggested that you take a solo mid hero like QOP and rack up a ridiculous KDA score for a few games.

It was so bad, I tried to work with the other players however they were rude and obnoxious.
    Ok. Please keep in mind that they might have perceived YOU as being rude and obnoxious too...

Due to the fact I used up all my reports I usually ask the other team to report them.
    Don't EVER do that. You're just inviting a revenge report from the person you are complaining about.

Plus, being bad at Dota isn't a reportable thing. It just isn't. And it sounds to me like that's what you are trying to do. It that right?

For example "Please report (name) for intentionally feeding and/or communication abuse" then be done with it.
    But were they intentionally feeding, or were they just dying lots because they are bad?

Because if they're just bad, you need to take a chill pill.
    For all I know I was muted because stacks think it would be funny to report the person being ailed by bad players. I have another thread on the whole false reports.
    No, the whole 'stacks reporting' thing is false. Valve has said that every report beyond the first in a game has no effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    There's no such thing as 'very high MMR'. When you watch the videos and filter by game type, what it gives you is the average ELO of the 10 players in that game. If that crossed a certain threshold, the game is scored at very high.

You getting paired up with bad players is likely due to the game adjusting your ELO down, and you perceive the players that are of that new lower ELO to be 'horrible players'.

Now, I don't know exactly what the factors that are taken into account when deltas to your ELO are calculated, but I would imagine that win/loss and KDA could be factors in the equation. In terms of trying to game your rating back up to the 'very high' bracket, I've seen it suggested that you take a solo mid hero like QOP and rack up a ridiculous KDA score for a few games.

Ok. Please keep in mind that they might have perceived YOU as being rude and obnoxious too...

Don't EVER do that. You're just inviting a revenge report from the person you are complaining about.

Plus, being bad at Dota isn't a reportable thing. It just isn't. And it sounds to me like that's what you are trying to do. It that right?

But were they intentionally feeding, or were they just dying lots because they are bad?

Because if they're just bad, you need to take a chill pill.

No, the whole 'stacks reporting' thing is false. Valve has said that every report beyond the first in a game has no effect.
    I'm not sure if you're trolling or are just that ignorant. I would love to explain how wrong your post is, but I'd rather reply to people who actually READ the entire thing and have common sense.

Basic Member
    I'm not sure if you're trolling or are just that ignorant. I would love to explain how wrong your post is, but I'd rather reply to people who actually READ the entire thing and have common sense.
    I read the OP, and it seemed to be reasonably well written, although the 'wall-o-text' style didn't help that. Of course, you say you don't like rude and disrespectful people in the OP, but how would you characterise what you've written here?

SMH
    Last edited by magicmerl; 06-13-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Quote Originally Posted by VenomBHz View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Dev said in the same post that they don't enforce 50% rate, but he is very happy when he sees ppl with that ratio. It means the system is fair and good.

Can't find the damn post, if someone saw it please help me and bring it here!!! It was on one of the thousands of threads complaining about matchmaking.
    He explained why you get pros on one match and retards on the other.

In my opinion its even more simple: It's impossible to measure peoples skill. You may be in a bad day, distracted, drunk, testing a hero or a strategy... If you mess this game, someone on your team will say: why this retarded is on my team? The system can't control eveyone's lives and how they will play a match.
    100% agree. you wouldnt believe how many ppl dont care about making a smurf and play on drugs ^^

btw
    you might rather find the post if you go to zoids or chris or blash or whoever it was profile and look for his posts sorted by date, at least thats how i select most threads i comment in

I did a quick serch here http://www.dotaworkshop.com/devTracker/ but no success, I'll take another look soon.

This is Eric Tams claiming back in March 2012 that the MM algorithm doesn't force a 50/50 winrate. I don't believe that, but it remains that he said otherwise.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Thread author, I am with you 100%

These comm bans need to be seriously rethought. As to the influx of feeders, I have noticed it too - well as they posted 60% less people are quitting. That 60%, I would speculate is made largely up of these feeders.