Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJames View Post
    As to the influx of feeders, I have noticed it too - well as they posted 60% less people are quitting. That 60%, I would speculate is made largely up of these feeders.
    This seems reasonable.

New players are coming into Dota. Because of the mute system, they don't just quit immediately when a toxic player abuses them for essentially being new to the game. And they are still playing. So people are having more experiences of playing with new/ignorant players.

Is this a bad thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Quote Originally Posted by erik-the-red View Post
    This is Eric Tams claiming back in March 2012 that the MM algorithm doesn't force a 50/50 winrate. I don't believe that, but it remains that he said otherwise.
    Thanks a lot Erik. But why wouldn't you believe. He had no reason to lie, he could not answer.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erik-the-red View Post
    This is Eric Tams claiming back in March 2012 that the MM algorithm doesn't force a 50/50 winrate. I don't believe that, but it remains that he said otherwise.
    If it's even vaguely related to ELO then it won't "force" 50/50, that's just what you'll trend towards as the system tries to match you against/with people of a similar skill level. In a balanced game (everyone of the same skill level) the odds of winning would be... 50/50

Banned
    useless effort bro, move on

Basic Member
    Devs please.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I read the OP, and it seemed to be reasonably well written, although the 'wall-o-text' style didn't help that. Of course, you say you don't like rude and disrespectful people in the OP, but how would you characterise what you've written here?

SMH
    How am I being rude and disrespectful? In no way was I trying to insult you. All I was saying is that you posted without actually reading the OP and that you were probably trolling me with your ignorant post. I simply characterize what I've written as constructive criticism. I have nothing against you so don't be offended.

Basic Member
    Matchmaking needs tuning indeed. Gabe said himself that MM is bad and they're working on that.

Mute system is ok and have nothing against it.

Report system is not that bad either. Maybe 4-5 reports per week would be better.

Basic Member
    it's so easy to make a boot and auto mute .. but for this kind of players what can we do ? 218863862 look at this match id plz and say something after IN VERY HIGH MATCH cmon valve .. multimilion company and u can't hire some ppl to look at the reports and take actions behind a set of rulles !! cmoooooooonnn is that fucking hard?

Agree with OP.

Unfortunately I doubt that Valve will listen.

All the issues listed here have been raised many times over.
    Still they spend their resources coding a punishment system..... (the same type that was used by cavemen)
    If this energy was put into a better match making system the amount of problems in the game would decrease drastically.

Well I guess its their game.
    DOTA was built by the community now Valve decides to ignore the community.
    I guess they know better.
    Replace the mute system with a positive reinforcement system

Quote Originally Posted by Rirekon View Post
    If it's even vaguely related to ELO then it won't "force" 50/50, that's just what you'll trend towards as the system tries to match you against/with people of a similar skill level. In a balanced game (everyone of the same skill level) the odds of winning would be... 50/50
    A working system would have a true 50/50 winrate. But having a 50/50 winrate doesn't mean the system is working.

I won this game two days ago. But I'm still complaining because of what happened.

I checked the games played (in game, not in Dotabuff) of my teammates, and I saw that the Death Prophet and the Shadow Shaman were very close to me while the Doom and the Sniper both only played one-fourth of the games we had played. On the other team, it seemed that the Luna and Mirana had played about as many games as the Sniper and the Doom; I can't remember the rest, but they may have been close to DP, SS, and me.

I guess strictly speaking, the teams were "even," but you can't tell me that games like this won't be coinflips because whoever got matched with the worse newer players will likely lose.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix