Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Zefiro View Post
    Whats with all the crying?
    Are you the guys who expect thanks for healing in a mmo?

If you play support your role is to buy all the consumables your team need, and helping whoever needs helping while caring for your carry.
    Thats what you do, if you dont like it pick a carry or a ganker but dont expect extra attention for doing what your role dictates you to do.
    lol?!
    I had an LD in my team who was thinking like you. He wanted from me (the only support) extra tangos, salves, TPs. Actually, he didn't buy any tp or regen the whole game. The result? 40mins radiance, phase, tranquils. Nothing else. Oh, and he was something like 2/10+/2 (can't remember exact death number, but it was more than 10 for sure). So yeah, your logic is totally flawed. If you're a good player, you won't need more than some regen pulling at the beginning of the match (or 1-2 TPs when it's really important). But buy all consumables? Yeah, sure. While you throw games? Yeah...
    Supports are there for the early game. Making those kills available for the carries, providing vision and utility FOR THE TEAM. They are not there to lick the balls of one or two players who think they are special just because they picked the easiest (in their opinion) role.
    Actually, carrying is quite hard - knowing how to farm itself is hard, add to that where and when to farm, when to participate in teamfights... sadly, all pub carries just think 'oh, drow is imba, im drow i win game', then fail miserably because they don't know how to carry. And they blame supports for their failure.

Basic Member
    i feel your pain man there is this one time a guy say "go pull" and i say "ok play safe"

30 sec later
    Frist Blood Carry dead and says
    team chat:"wtf why no help noob"
    all chat:" report this [SUPPORT]"
    and so on

Yep, pubs think the support role is the 'blame it all on him' role. That's why all pick carries :/

Fun story but i can tell you need more practice with supports, hell i need more practice with supports and nearly every game they force me in that role.

By far my favorite starting build is chick,obs,sentry,tango, because if some1 wards off pull your gpm/level takes a huge dive also you may deward rune ward and even if you didn't manage to, mid will know it's likely that sentry side is easier to gank, and getting out a sentry later is just too hard with 0 gpm, and you need to up the chick around 2-3 min mark. Of course keeps obs out of stock always, and expendable support items take priority over any core you may want, which is usually mana boots + magic stick followed by meka, this is one of the biggest mistakes i see supports do, and also you have to look out for newbies not buying tps and buy them a pair and put it into them with the flying chicken. Don't hesitate to buy a gem either early if needed, not only countering their invi hero they have but also gaining mapcontrol by killing their wards, if you have a hero that has good escape you may want one anyway and ask him to sweep the main ward areas then just send the gem home, on the longrun it will cost you much less than spamming sentries and it will be a lot more thorough.
    Last edited by nadaga; 06-14-2013 at 09:45 AM.

All of this is pointless if your team doesn't benefit from the advantages you provide them with. You have wards, you see on the minimap the 'gank squad', you say 'get back, they are coming for you', you get 'suka pider dont tell me what to do, reported'!, he's dead.
    Why bother then?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefiro View Post
    Whats with all the crying?
    Are you the guys who expect thanks for healing in a mmo?

If you play support your role is to buy all the consumables your team need, and helping whoever needs helping while caring for your carry.
    Thats what you do, if you dont like it pick a carry or a ganker but dont expect extra attention for doing what your role dictates you to do.
    sure, supports make a carry-player's life so unbearable constantly bullying him for thanks.
    what server region do you play on? bizarro-world?

how can you even say that you are playing a team-game when you do not understand the other roles? it is abundantly clear that you have never touched a support hero in your life.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    sure, supports make a carry-player's life so unbearable constantly bullying him for thanks.
    what server region do you play on? bizarro-world?

how can you even say that you are playing a team-game when you do not understand the other roles? it is abundantly clear that you have never touched a support hero in your life.
    What i fear is that the majority of carry "mains" consists of similar people.

Banned
    Welcome to Dota Europe

Quote Originally Posted by past_cool View Post
    i feel your pain man there is this one time a guy say "go pull" and i say "ok play safe"

30 sec later
    Frist Blood Carry dead and says
    team chat:"wtf why no help noob"
    all chat:" report this [SUPPORT]"
    and so on
    30 seconds is a long time to leave your carry unattended. A pull shouldn't take anywhere near than long. It's worth learning to make good estimates on how long it'll take you to get the pull camp aswell as the pull times.
    Last edited by Craig; 06-14-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    To avoid LPQ:

Don't draw attention to yourself
    Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
    Mute all at lvl 1
    Only play in parties
    Get alternate accounts
    Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
    Don't play too well
    Don't play on Sunday or Monday
    Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

there's a lot of ways to play support characters: aggressive -defensive -feeder. Don't expect auto-win just for pick any role.