Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Playing Support!

i never ask my supports for anything that i wouldnt do if i was supporting. then again i am pretty much completely selfless as a support so i suppose thats pretty unfair.

Basic Member
    Laning begins. A good support dont hit creeps accidentaly, you have to always start with sentry and get the pull stacked and ready know when the lane is gonna be pushed and pull it

Minute 5. Lasthtting jungle pulled creeps will solve this

Minute 8. You shoud replace them at 6

Minute 34. They are retarded focus on your game

Minute 41. same

Playing support is one of the hardest roles in game you need to find farm without takeing lane exp or lane gold learn to play with shitty items smoke ganks mid or controling your lane

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    30 seconds is a long time to leave your carry unattended. A pull shouldn't take anywhere near than long. It's worth learning to make good estimates on how long it'll take you to get the pull camp aswell as the pull times.
    so you stack at 53, pull at 15, you have 20 seconds right there if the camp isn't already stacked, allow time for walking from the pushed lane as well and in most cases easly over 30 seconds + you want that neut farm for flying and wards.

If the carry is inexperienced laning with pulls and dosn't fall back to tower when theres only 1-2 friendly creeps left you cant blame the support if they get jumped, which they do anyway.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    it is abundantly clear that you have never touched a support hero in your life.
    As it happens i only play AR and SD, so i end up playing support every other game, and you know what?
    I buy whatever my team needs, if im the only support i make do with 3 sticks and a stack of tangos and the first thing i get when i can manage is a flying courier.
    Seriously is carebear town in here or what?

Carrys farm, gankers gank and supports support.
    It's my understandings that new players and people who are not really confident in their abilities end up picking up the support hero who doesnt really need farm to be usefull, and that's the lesson, you dont need gold and items to be an effective support your utility come from your skillset, so invest your gold in wards, consumables and be a credit to the team.

Nothing worse than those games where you get in the vicious cirle of your support bitching about how he has no gold to spare for wards while he keeps getting ganked because there are no wards on the map.

Show me one game where you bought all the consumables (tangos, clarities, salves, TPs will be enough) for your carries

I thought so.

Basic Member
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/217329211

Mirana had do repick so i've got her 2 sets of tangos and a salve, other than buying the usual courier and wards.

I know it's hard to understand for people who only play support and think that they deserve a medal, but actually helping your team is way more important than buyng that stupid fast mek while everybody in your team gets raped because there is no vision on the map.
    Last edited by Zefiro; 06-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefiro View Post
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/217329211

Mirana had do repick so i've got her 2 sets of tangos and a salve, other than buying the usual courier and wards.
    Okay, that's 2 sets of tangos and salve. That's normal regen pulling and is normal if it's required. Above you stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefiro View Post
    If you play support your role is to buy all the consumables your team need, and helping whoever needs helping while caring for your carry.
    Why didn't you buy the consumables for the Slardar and Spectre and the others? They don't need it or what? If they don't need why, why did they buy it? What about TPs?

And read my post - I never said anything about items whatsoever. Role is described by what you should do, not what you own.
    Last edited by BGDaemon; 06-14-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Basic Member
    Oh your argument is to unrealistically exagerating what im saying?
    Nice but but i dont remember those kind of discussions ever working even in elementary school, so yeah just to throw you a bone, you cannot buy consumable for a whole team of dota because you start with just 600 golds, and the little gold you manage to gather in the early game is almost 100% devoted to the effort of keeping the map warded.

Nevertheless if the need arise the support's gold pool is where you pick from, if for some reason you fucked up your lane and regen needs to be delivered somewhere around the map.
    Last edited by Zefiro; 06-14-2013 at 06:01 PM.

So the conclusion?
    Think twice before saying dumb things.