Thread: Ping Spikes?!?!?!.......

Basic Member

Ping Spikes?!?!?!.......

Has anyone else been getting MASSIVE spikes while playing Dota 2? My net gets an A rating on Pingtest, when I do get the lag-spikes, I alt-tab to see if my internet is taking a shit. Yet it's fuckin blazingly fast, loads pages instantly, fast DL speeds. So wtf?

I play other games too and I never get spiked like I do when I play Dota 2.

Is it because foreigner's from across the world are playing on servers across the world from them? If so, wtf?!

Oh and wtf is with Dota 2 losing Connection? everytime I finish a game, and click the Close button to return to the Main Dota Menu's, my client loses its Connection to the Dota 2 Network..... Did you guys fuck up a patch? or your servers?
    Last edited by PopeSoap; 06-14-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Yeah mine used to spike to like 900 from like 30 from time to time, although it never really happened more than once a game and it has stopped doing ti recently. Maybe ask the other players to pause until it goes away.

Basic Member
    You only get 1 Pause and 1 Unpause now, and people NEVER wait for pauses, ever, constantly resumed.
    My brother was playing last night and his client DC'd him like 7 times, and after restarting Dota, he couldn't rejoin the game due to "Connecting to Dota 2 Network..." WTF?! So fucking enraging.

Basic Member
    you are not alone.