Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about the ACCEPT button

Basic Member
    I get this too.

Basic Member
    I've declined a number of games by mistake because of this. I can press the accept button and it just completely ignores me. I can press 5 more times and nothing happens, then it decides I declined the match. The last time it happened I spam clicked 30 times 2 seconds before it declined and it still did it.

Basic Member
    Might be a feature, tbh. I mean, sometimes we are in the middle of something while the Find Match is running and we:
    - Click accept, alt-tab
    - Go take a piss, get a drink, finish forum post, finish flaming those irc noobs
    - Alt-tab back to start the match

The second step might take longer than expected and we might be first pick in random draft. So the accept button requiring more focus, might be a good idea to get people focused earlier.

(Even thought everyone just idles during loading and waiting for players anyway)
    I'm sorry Valve, but the only way I know how to coach players is with tough love.

We all play for fun, try hards are just WAY BETTER than you. Read this.

dev.dota2.com is about development, if you want to QQ about your last match (trust me, matchmaking algorithm has nothing to do with it): Click here

Basic Member
    This happens to me too, and I've also noticed that I have to queue several times to get a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Basic Member
    I have this happen to me almost once a day since I alt-tab quickly after hitting accept. Trouble is the accept button doesn't always work.

The worst part of this bug is that I waste 9 other people's time!!! I'm not so concerned about searching a few extra minutes, but this bug has gotten me so many times that I just had to come here and voice my opinion about it.

Thanks!

Basic Member
    button still bugged

sometimes it works
    sometimes i have to SPAMCLICK

confirming
    [ASU]LC -during Duel,+50% bonus damage+150% MoC
    [Tweak] Make Refresher viable for Venomancer!!!

[Aghanim's Suggestion] Sniper: missile damages units it pierces through
    GENERATION 23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Basic Member
    i have been apart of this game since november 2011. this was a bug back then and it still hasnt been fixed to this day...

I'm clicking on it at least 5 times and it became a habit for me due to that bug.
    Winter solstice.
    Quote Originally Posted by uebok View Post
    Muted scum shouldn't have an option to disagree with me. That's why they're muted.