Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of quickcast problems in main client

Quote Originally Posted by Deserts View Post
    Issue:
    if i change qwerdf keys to autocast, the courier will lack key bindings.
    Am I right in thinking the keys do still work for the courier, they just aren't shown?

If you rebind the quick cast keys to qwerdf the Courier loses it's default bindings if you have the mirror hero bindings bindings

ALSO about my issue from my last post, It's if you use quick-cast bound to the default ability keys of qwerdf. Not the default alt-qwerdf binds.

Hmm. I tried binding quickcasts to QWEDFR, with ordinary cast not set at all, and courier mirroring my binds. The courier still obeyed QWEDFR commands, although no keybind was displayed on screen.

The thing I noticed/think need adding:

-Quickcasting via the map
    -Quickcasting for items

I personally like the Quickcast = autocast for ORBS....why? It makes toggling them on and off way easier; additionally you can still hover over a target and press the key to spellcast your orb on an enemy hero. Yes, I know it turns it on and off at the same time, but I really don't think this matters, since ORB casting+walking is really only used during laning (typically) or if you're playing Huscar with GS. Even so, is it really that hard to turn if off/on again?

All good catches. I'm on it. Thanks for all the good feedback! ;-)

Bill

Any chance we'll see item quickcasting?

Basic Member
    Does quickcast no longer work after this new patch? Trying to level up any skill with quickcast enabled (by using the quickcast key) prompts an 'ability is not learned' response. Using an ability with the quickcast hotkey causes the sound from the hero response to play but the skill doesn't go off, exactly how ultimates used to be bugged when quickcast was first introduced.

Edit: nvm it was just the game using my quickcast keys for auto-cast instead after this patch for some reason..
    Last edited by Pleau; 06-21-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    Any chance we'll see item quickcasting?
    Yeah, that got a bit held up so it didn't make it to this patch. Iirc it's in flight for next patch. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pleau View Post
    nvm it was just the game using my quickcast keys for auto-cast instead after this patch for some reason..
    By popular demand (and necessity to fix some bugs) it was moved to its own set of keybindings, so you'll need to rebind if you were using the old version. Ctrl-plus-quick-cast-binding should level up the ability. Let me know if you have any problems!

At this point I'm not aware of any other major issues, aside from the fact that you can't double-tap self-cast with the quick cast key. I'm not sure if there is a good way for me to solve that problem, which is why I keep non-quick cast as an alternate keybinding (Alt-QWER). ;-)

Edit: Oh yeah, it also doesn't work for legacy keys. I'm not sure how I would want to address that, if I did. I'll put it on my brain's back-burner as well.
    Last edited by ShaidarElam; 06-21-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Legacy Keys

Basic Member
    Thanks for the response. Everything seems to be working fine after the rebind (though I will say I'd enjoy the double tap working somehow though I don't see a viable solution for that so owell).

Basic Member
    Can we vote ShaidarElam for Best Valve Dev. Feed Back Award? He's literally the only one I've ever seen actively communicating on a Dota 2 feature. Even if it's a quick-cast script he's working on, at least he's reading comments and providing feedback about his plans for updates/fixes for QC and letting people know what can and can't be done. Thanks man for being in the community on this and keeping us updated on your progress!

Someone take a picture, the rest of the forum members will NEVER believe a Valve Dev. is actually providing feedback and replying to forum members.