Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of quickcast problems in main client

Quote Originally Posted by ShaidarElam View Post
    At this point I'm not aware of any other major issues, aside from the fact that you can't double-tap self-cast with the quick cast key. I'm not sure if there is a good way for me to solve that problem, which is why I keep non-quick cast as an alternate keybinding (Alt-QWER). ;-)
    Yeah I would vote for it to stay the way it is. I think when items gets implemented those buttons probably shouldn't trigger their double-tap either? Though I'm not entirely sure.
    Last edited by Fizz; 06-21-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Basic Member
    Can you implement a global key toggle for autocast on/off? If you have QC ON, and ALT-KEY for standard item/ability cast, you now are missing/moving the autocast. Since no hero has more than one autocast skill, just script it in so one key toggles autocast on/off, no matter which hero or where their autocast skill would be assigned to. It was mentioned in the critical bug section on patch day, but that section is closed (to us), but it would probably be very simple addition, and remove the need for a tertiary key modifier.

Basic Member
    I just played a game of Invoker with Quick Cast enabled. I like to refer to the sideways "?" as a reminder of what Q/W/E combinations invoke which spells. However, with quick cast enabled and all my keys "Q, W, E, D, F, R" binded to it, there are no Quas/Wex/Exort combinations in the reference panel. I had to rebind my keys to the default way of casting for the duration of the match and then the combinations came back.

Quote Originally Posted by deejaybos View Post
    Can you implement a global key toggle for autocast on/off?
    I'm not fundamentally opposed to this idea, but at this point I'm avoiding changes that will require everyone to relearn how to do things. Quick Cast was one where some people will optionally relearn how to do things, so it seemed much less divisive.

Quote Originally Posted by scott3h View Post
    I just played a game of Invoker with Quick Cast enabled. I like to refer to the sideways "?" as a reminder of what Q/W/E combinations invoke which spells. However, with quick cast enabled and all my keys "Q, W, E, D, F, R" binded to it, there are no Quas/Wex/Exort combinations in the reference panel. I had to rebind my keys to the default way of casting for the duration of the match and then the combinations came back.
    Investigating...

Edit: As a workaround, if you bind alt-Q, alt-W etc. to your normal cast, then the tooltip will show up correctly (it doesn't write the "Alt-" part). Putting in a bit of code now so that if your normal cast isn't bound at all, it will use your Quick Cast bindings.

Edit 2: Fix ready to go for next patch.

Edit Spree: By "next patch" I mean the one after next. :-P
    Last edited by ShaidarElam; 06-24-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Basic Member
    I gave QC a shot with a "complex" hero such as omni. He can target anyone on the field, including himself, with Repel. Let me tell you, the miss-clicks were everywhere. I was repelling creeps, the enemy, the wrong teammate, myself instead of a teammate, it was bad. Luckily I was in bot game so no harm done, but after this, I was pretty much scared away from quick-cast and found it more hazardous than helpful.

The one thing that really bothers me right now about setting up hotkeys for quick cast is that they are mutually exclusive with the courier hotkeys.

Normally, I can set QWEDFR for my hero hotkeys and then either select the "mirror bindings from hero panel" OR set them manually (which I like to do because then I can reuse qwedfr but arrange them in an order that is more comfortable and makes sense, ie r for return).

When I use Quick Cast hotkeys, setting them to QWEDFR will remove those bindings from the courier.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tree_Branch View Post
    The one thing that really bothers me right now about setting up hotkeys for quick cast is that they are mutually exclusive with the courier hotkeys.

Normally, I can set QWEDFR for my hero hotkeys and then either select the "mirror bindings from hero panel" OR set them manually (which I like to do because then I can reuse qwedfr but arrange them in an order that is more comfortable and makes sense, ie r for return).

When I use Quick Cast hotkeys, setting them to QWEDFR will remove those bindings from the courier.
    Fix incoming.

Basic Member
    It is totally broken now.
    Not working at all, cant learn or cast spells wtf happened?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBorN View Post
    It is totally broken now.
    Not working at all, cant learn or cast spells wtf happened?
    Wow. Going into the settings menu and assigning the keys doesn't seem to actually bind them currently. I tested this by unbinding q, then setting q to be a quickcast key using the GUI, and then typing "bind q" into the console (image)

Code:
    ] bind q
    "q" = ""
    As a temporary workaround, you can put the following (or equivalent) into your autoexec.cfg:

Code:
    bind "q" "dota_ability_quickcast 0"
    bind "w" "dota_ability_quickcast 1"
    bind "e" "dota_ability_quickcast 2"
    bind "d" "dota_ability_quickcast 3"
    bind "f" "dota_ability_quickcast 4"
    bind "r" "dota_ability_quickcast 5"
    Edit, 9 July: This code can also be used as a workaround for the problem that arose later with dominated creeps.
    Last edited by Fizz; 07-09-2013 at 04:09 AM.
    Fizz on dev.dota2.com / Jimmy M on Youtube (a pseudonym)

Actually, I can't even use the UI to rebind keys to normal-casting either.
    Fizz on dev.dota2.com / Jimmy M on Youtube (a pseudonym)