Thread: Muted People as Captain

Muted People as Captain

I played a game of Captain's Mode today, and our captain didn't say anything, and when we asked why he wasn't communicating, his friend who was queued with him told us he was muted. People who are communication banned should not be able to be captain (or frankly queue for Captains Mode at all). The communication levels required of them in this game type are too high for them to be allowed to play without being able to talk.

Basic Member
    Clearly people at Valve don't have the brains to think things through.

Clearly this is really a band thing and muted ppl shouldn't be captain but I'm sure we'll see an solution for that soon™.
    You guys seems to have more fun being angry about minor issues with the game than playing the game.

Basic Member
    People communicating is part of the game, this is not a console rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukun View Post
    Clearly this is really a band thing and muted ppl shouldn't be captain but I'm sure we'll see an solution for that soon™.
    You guys seems to have more fun being angry about minor issues with the game than playing the game.
    Perhaps you're not referring to me, or perhaps there's been a lot of flak about the mute system, I haven't really paid attention, but I still love this game. That said, this particular game was very frustrating, and it really doesn't make much sense that a person who is incapable of communicating with their team should be able to be put in the position of making the key decisions for that team.