Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Why the fuck cant I go over this 50% win rate?

>he thinks levels relate to skill
    Lol.

Just

Fucking silly

I bet you're a NEET virgin from /vg/.

Nice try, but no.

Source: I have a job

Basic Member
    U BAD N MAD typical ragekiddo, let me guess Muted too? XD

Banned
    Again,

The system is working as designed. 50% +/-5% is a result of the MM system. It's a symptom of a working system. You can even try testing this in reverse. I've been intentionally losing for more than a month, not trying, letting people carry me, not helping. Yet still win sometimes. This is because the system progressively puts me with better players whom carry me to a win, or it groups me with against complete morons whom leave, or feed on purpose.

if search range goes over 5 minutes don't play
    it's that simple

Basic Member
    if this is true, how the fuck do i have 15 winning streak record without party...~~

winrate is not the most important of all. i was on a 51.55 winrate gaining 0.02 % per game before this unpolished mute system got me on the mute loophole. i went down to 50.80 and as i have over 3k games now im gaining 0.01% winrate per game. it will require me over 70 wins just to get back where i was before and 100 wins just to get a 1% winrate.

getting high winrate with few games seems to be easier than having tons of games.

No matter how good you get, Valve will make sure your at 50%, and its the most frustrating thing in the world.

Valve Logic:
    "Hey alex rodriguez, your too good, so here are a bunch of 6th graders on your team. Let us know when your at down to 50% win rate, we will give you your real team back then."

Only solution is to group as 5 and be very very high skill. But then your que will take 2+ hours to pop.

Games dead.

Basic Member

Play at the prime time

The %50 phenomenon is in the nature, you can't fight it. The matchmaking system has to impose this ratio to be healthy, yet you can still find ways to lead your team to a win even if there's an obvious skill gap with your team and enemy team. It is not impossible to change the fate of those games.

In my experience, being flexible such that your hero is a good counter to enemy picks is a solid way to increase your win rate. You also need to consider your own team. Most of the time, I pick last to make sure there's a hero of each basic crucial role in the team. If a hero is missing in such a role, I try to pick a hero such that it both fills the missing role in the team and also counters the enemy line-up or a specific hero in the enemy team.
    Most of the time, the missing role is a support hero. So one should be willing to play this role to end up with better matches.
    Even though I could not reach that level, I guess the most repeatable means to increase win rate is to master mid heroes like storm spirit, qop that has positioning/escaping abilities. These heroes can take off really fast if the enemy is not focusing you.

The most important point is that, when you reach a win streak, the matchmaking system might be contesting you with an impossible line-up. This can be related to the lack of skill diversity at the time you are searching for a game. So the team balance might fall in one side's favor or if you were to be challenged after a win streak, you would end up with a game of very bad skill diversity.
    If this is the source of the problem, solution is simple:

Only play at the prime time or whenever the number of players peaks in your time zone.

Although picking wisely can work only seldomly, playing at the peak times should always help you end up with better balanced teams.