Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the fuck cant I go over this 50% win rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukun View Post
    You're like a broken record.
    Bad troll.

To threat, well same thing happes to everyone unless you stack mates every game. I used to play alot of teamgames and had 54% win, now that I play more solo I went down to 50%. But I don't seem to get any lower, I go back and forth between 50 and 51% win. I believe that people that deserve to have higher winrate should have that rate and get matched against similar winrates. Right now, no one knows who's decent at dota 2 and who's not because it's pure luck and picks.
    If you have a 60% winrate and you get matched with someone equal of your skill (according to you, 60%) winrate, how high is the chance of winning?
    RIGHT, 50%, that's why you'll always end up with 50% winrate. Unless you're the top 0.01%, you WILL have 50%. Deal with it.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    ... having a 50% winrate over time that stabilizes to around 50% is completely normal with a good MM system.

Think about it, the more games you play, the larger your win/loss differential has to be to maintain a win rate, you have to win a LOT more games than you lose to maintain a WR near 55% over a large number of games
    When you get paired up with people who got like 5-10 wins and lose because those people are bad, while your in the very high bracket you just fucking know something is off. The only way to have a high winrate and no moron in your team is to find a 5man party.

Quote Originally Posted by TiTi View Post
    Take this opportunity to show up how you master the game and learn him to play: after a 5-6 winning straight, you're up to the pedagogical challenge !
    opportunity? you don't say that. you have no idea how stressful it is to play support to a 4 carry team.. Match 220472704 i played as venge..

well at least i was able to turtle the game for 48 minutes..

fix your matchmaking valve..

Basic Member
    I don't know what it is but there is something 'off' with the way it teams you up. No other game have I ever played where you just don't seem to improve. I always play solo and just go into public games, not in the solo matchmaking queue though. The closest I got was within 3 games of 50 / 50 wins v's losses and then it punished me for it hard. I've lost almost every game of the last 10 games and I am now trailing 172 - 178 again. I'm not going to say I'm great at the game but surely after so much effort you would think you would see some kind of improvement! If the system really is 'rigged' then people will eventually get bored surely? What's the fun if you can never 'win'?

if you don't stack up with friends then Valve will torture you psychologically by giving you teammates where you need to adjust for them.. there's always that breaking point no matter how flexible you are.

Basic Member
    it is about a skill.
    stop blaming anything else.
    U win,u look as good player to MM,so u go vs good players.
    Then they kick the hell out of you since u're arent good as MM thought,then u get weaker players and round and round.

Thing is,you're just a egoistic prick who thinks he's the best dota player.
    U're a mediocre,thats why u cant get into 50%+ 'league'

Quote Originally Posted by 4evra View Post
    it is about a skill.
    Then they kick the hell out of you since u're arent good as MM thought,then u get weaker players and round and round.

stfu i was a hard carry way back dota 1 but when i shifted to dota 2 i was forced to play support almost 98% of my over 2,000 games because of your shitty matchmaking system.. and you call someone egoistic prick? ..I..

and no, dota is not just about skills, it's about controlling the game economy.

i wish someday i could play hard carry in solo matchmaking (not solo queue matchmaking)..

Basic Member
    it is about a skill.

This is a team based game, one idiot can fuck up the whole match single handed which happens quite often. 50%+ win rate requires either stack or if solo alot of luck, and the patience and determination to not give up at 15min in when sht looks like its basically done.

http://dotabuff.com/players/124296606
    [I Like to feed. But as you can see when I go in, I don't just give the tip.]

Basic Member
    it is about a skill.

Impressive trolling, clearly you are the egotistic prick thinking you are superior to all us mortals playing with a 50% win rate.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt552 View Post
    When you get paired up with people who got like 5-10 wins and lose because those people are bad, while your in the very high bracket you just fucking know something is off. The only way to have a high winrate and no moron in your team is to find a 5man party.
    Oh man, I feel for you.

Valve deliberately ruins your high level games by putting scrubs on your team, and you're unable to carry the team due to their bad play? I think that Valve must have it in for you to not put scrubs on the other team an equal number of times.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 06-16-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?