Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the fuck cant I go over this 50% win rate?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Why the fuck cant I go over this 50% win rate?

I swear, as soon as I hit the 50% mark, the next 5 games, I will lose. Then the next 5 games after, I win, then lose, then win.

Wtf is this shit? Not once in the entire time I play Dota, I cant get out of this cycle.

UP YOUR SKILL.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    UP YOUR SKILL.
    You're like a broken record.
    Bad troll.

To threat, well same thing happes to everyone unless you stack mates every game. I used to play alot of teamgames and had 54% win, now that I play more solo I went down to 50%. But I don't seem to get any lower, I go back and forth between 50 and 51% win. I believe that people that deserve to have higher winrate should have that rate and get matched against similar winrates. Right now, no one knows who's decent at dota 2 and who's not because it's pure luck and picks.
    Last edited by Ryuukun; 06-16-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukun View Post
    Bad troll.

To threat, well same thing happes to everyone unless you stack mates every game. I used to play alot of teamgames and had 54% win, now that I play more solo I went down to 50%. But I don't seem to get any lower, I go back and forth between 50 and 51% win. I believe that people that deserve to have higher winrate should have that rate and get matched against similar winrates. Right now, no one knows who's decent at dota 2 and who's not because it's pure luck and picks.
    ... having a 50% winrate over time that stabilizes to around 50% is completely normal with a good MM system.

Think about it, the more games you play, the larger your win/loss differential has to be to maintain a win rate, you have to win a LOT more games than you lose to maintain a WR near 55% over a large number of games

Banned
    ... having a 50% winrate over time that stabilizes to around 50% is completely normal with a good MM system.

Think about it, the more games you play, the larger your win/loss differential has to be to maintain a win rate, you have to win a LOT more games than you lose to maintain a WR near 55% over a large number of games
    When you get paired up with people who got like 5-10 wins and lose because those people are bad, while your in the very high bracket you just fucking know something is off. The only way to have a high winrate and no moron in your team is to find a 5man party.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt552 View Post
    When you get paired up with people who got like 5-10 wins and lose because those people are bad, while your in the very high bracket you just fucking know something is off. The only way to have a high winrate and no moron in your team is to find a 5man party.
    Oh man, I feel for you.

Valve deliberately ruins your high level games by putting scrubs on your team, and you're unable to carry the team due to their bad play? I think that Valve must have it in for you to not put scrubs on the other team an equal number of times.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 06-16-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukun View Post
    Bad troll.

If you have a 60% winrate and you get matched with someone equal of your skill (according to you, 60%) winrate, how high is the chance of winning?
    RIGHT, 50%, that's why you'll always end up with 50% winrate. Unless you're the top 0.01%, you WILL have 50%. Deal with it.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    UP YOUR SKILL.
    The game gives you shitty teammates to force 50%. There is so much proof of this I am not sure how you are still in denial of it.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/211057849

I can give you so many other examples, but I am not sure you're willing to believe what's in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    The game gives you shitty teammates to force 50%. There is so much proof of this I am not sure how you are still in denial of it.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/211057849

I can give you so many other examples, but I am not sure you're willing to believe what's in front of you.
    There is no proof about it. There are only 4 things:
    1) People having good games, but ignoring them while talking about MM
    2) People having bad games and remembering them (what's actualy normal, you remember bad stuff better)
    3) People playing in lower regions, having a higher chance to find bad mates
    4) An overall bad MM, causing the game to not find proper enemies/mates. It is not INTENTIONALLY putting bad mates into your team. There is absolutly no point in it and not a proof either.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    There is no proof about it. There are only 4 things:
    1) People having good games, but ignoring them while talking about MM
    2) People having bad games and remembering them (what's actualy normal, you remember bad stuff better)
    3) People playing in lower regions, having a higher chance to find bad mates
    4) An overall bad MM, causing the game to not find proper enemies/mates. It is not INTENTIONALLY putting bad mates into your team. There is absolutly no point in it and not a proof either.
    Easier to prove then you think... when I get near 50% my team mates have 100-250 wins (or around 350 wins @ 1200+ hour of playtime) but when my ratio goes down a bit I get the team mates I expect with similar wins and or hours to wins ratio.

Only looking at wins helps obfuscate the problem so using the hours to wins helps the math a lot.
    Last edited by MeioJo; 06-17-2013 at 09:18 AM.