Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Muted for giving advice apparently??

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsy View Post
    Are you actually using this pathetic of an excuse to justify the Mute system?

Really, is this what the Pro Muters have come to?
    My thoughts exactly. At least when the ragers made threads, their choice of language defeated their claims of innocence. Here, we have a guy giving unsolicited advice in plain Engilsh with no profanity. Doesn't matter! Unsolicited advice is no different from a fuck this, fuck that tirade. It's insulting, condescending, rude, a dick move, and therefore REPORTABLE.

Pfft.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Quote Originally Posted by D.E.A. View Post
    I'm here to support the mute system against I'll mannered ignorant and most importantly the non-educated members of the community, I personally find it cruel and unusual to reason with people that can't define wrong from right. I'm here to police this community not teach you right from wrong. Mommy and daddy can do that.
    You're not banned yet troll?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    so how many systems of that scale have you already developed to be able to make such a statement on a beta version of the report system?
    How many have you? There goes your logic. And in a few other places but the more posts I see from you the less I want to answer and the more I wonder how come you're a mod, but I guess the staffing has to reflect the community.
    Let's take law, the system of rules every citizen obeys. Is it broken if we know what is it that we need to do in order to get punished? Is it's transparency a flaw? Nah, not really.
    Valve is trying to cover up the fact that the system is just there to make the game friendlier for the baddies, be they new players or those that have played for ages and are just unskilled.

Quote Originally Posted by neo_yangon View Post
    I mean... who wants to be taught by enemy? You?
    Hey let's get something straight. Enemy =/= opponent. They are players, just like your teammates. I do not see why would you favour your allies in socializing/giving out advice. Unless all you care about is winning, be it an easy stomp or not.
    I honestly don't mind anyone's advice at any point. Heck, if my team made any better suggestions during picking than 'pick stun pls' or 'saport' then I'd gladly play the hero others choose for me.

Basic Member
    i already said that the nickname is not the problem, it is the indication of the problem.

So if the nick name is an indication of the problem. It's safe to say that you report people 365 days a year just for the sake of it. cause Blash is a combination of bleh and trash wich are the views you have of your team in every game of every day. Wich is the reason why you report everyone for beeing bad?

I mean that's just what your nickname indicates correct ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Propkid View Post
    How many have you? There goes your logic. And in a few other places but the more posts I see from you the less I want to answer and the more I wonder how come you're a mod, but I guess the staffing has to reflect the community.
    Let's take law, the system of rules every citizen obeys. Is it broken if we know what is it that we need to do in order to get punished? Is it's transparency a flaw? Nah, not really.
    Valve is trying to cover up the fact that the system is just there to make the game friendlier for the baddies, be they new players or those that have played for ages and are just unskilled.
    i am pretty familiar with the development of huge systems since i have a degree in that.
    as valve stated in their blog they "felt it was better to gather data on this first step before trying to complicate it with extra nuance". now that is sort of what i was trying to say. when you develop a system you have a concept that concept should cover most cases already (e.g. stack reporting, mass gamers, smurfs, false reports, different perspectives on abuse). you will never implement all of them at once however. you will start with the most essential components and reserve interfaces for the additional concepts that you want to add later.
    in this case it seems that valve has created and tuned the report distribution, report threshold and stack report protection first. partially based on community feedback, partially because they are needed from the start.
    when they are content with how those compents work, they will most likely add other things from their concept.

so when implementing such an ever-evolving system there are several reasons not to publish the current internal workings:
    - because the system changes all the time and information published today can be outdated tomorrow
    - because it allows users to trick the system because components that are supposed to prevent those tricks are simply not implemented yet
    - because the concept itself is intellectual property of valve

Quote Originally Posted by Propkid View Post
    Hey let's get something straight. Enemy =/= opponent. They are players, just like your teammates. I do not see why would you favour your allies in socializing/giving out advice. Unless all you care about is winning, be it an easy stomp or not.
    I honestly don't mind anyone's advice at any point. Heck, if my team made any better suggestions during picking than 'pick stun pls' or 'saport' then I'd gladly play the hero others choose for me.
    you dont mind, but they might.

Quote Originally Posted by aru_azif View Post
    So if the nick name is an indication of the problem. It's safe to say that you report people 365 days a year just for the sake of it. cause Blash is a combination of bleh and trash wich are the views you have of your team in every game of every day. Wich is the reason why you report everyone for beeing bad?

I mean that's just what your nickname indicates correct ?
    i was talking about nicknames that didnt require a thorough analysis and the use of a dictionary.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Considering how many people are against the mute system at the moment, giving them information about the system can only help Valve. Unless of course they have something to hide in which case we can assume the mute system isn't and has never worked as advertised.
    You can avoid the mute system by playing on multiple accounts simultaneously. If you play on more than one account at a time, it will let your reports decay and the "algorithm" will disregard the reports made against you, which are likely baseless anyway. Do not play more than 2 games per day on any one account and the chances of you being muted will decrease drastically. Use as many accounts as is necessary, but do not exceed 2 games.
    DONT ACCUMULATE GAMES ON ONE ACCOUNT, IT WILL GET MUTED.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Playedlots View Post
    Considering how many people are against the mute system at the moment, giving them information about the system can only help Valve. Unless of course they have something to hide in which case we can assume the mute system isn't and has never worked as advertised.
    So you saying the game encourage player to create more account to play...What a great system...........

Basic Member
    i am pretty familiar with the development of huge systems since i have a degree in that.
    as valve stated in their blog they "felt it was better to gather data on this first step before trying to complicate it with extra nuance". now that is sort of what i was trying to say. when you develop a system you have a concept that concept should cover most cases already (e.g. stack reporting, mass gamers, smurfs, false reports, different perspectives on abuse). you will never implement all of them at once however. you will start with the most essential components and reserve interfaces for the additional concepts that you want to add later.
    in this case it seems that valve has created and tuned the report distribution, report threshold and stack report protection first. partially based on community feedback, partially because they are needed from the start.
    when they are content with how those compents work, they will most likely add other things from their concept.

so when implementing such an ever-evolving system there are several reasons not to publish the current internal workings:
    - because the system changes all the time and information published today can be outdated tomorrow
    - because it allows users to trick the system because components that are supposed to prevent those tricks are simply not implemented yet
    - because the concept itself is intellectual property of valve
    Point taken, however the release is near and the game is severely lacking in community management. I doubt the system will be improved as much as it needs to be but we'll see...

you dont mind, but they might.
    Doesn't put them in the right, and gives them no judgement whatsoever over my communication rights within the entire game.

Well saying "?" after ganking people is provocative to say the least, over time you probably have said many other provocative things and this eventually added up to your mute ban. You can't do anything, we can't do anything but pray to the Valve gods to listen to their community about this issue, but in my heart I do believe that they won't; they will spitefully keep claiming the community will grow better thanks to this, regardless of the good or bad reviews this system gets on this forum.

Or another, more positive theory is that someone or a part of the development team is looking over the mute system and is attempting to improve it.

Bottom line is: People join normal / solo queue games to have fun / relax. They don't enter them with the mindset of "Oh cool, a person on my team is going to teach me stuff. Better get my pen and paper". So in my view, the OP is in the wrong here and deserves, what he got.

If some people feel the need to teach others, they should wait for the coaching system to be implemented. Simple as that.