Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Muted for giving advice apparently??

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PartialShade View Post
    I understand, that you want games free of basic mistakes. But you are searching for them on the wrong place. Don't expect epic games with 4 random strangers in your team. It won't happen. If you want to be competitive, form a team or join an existing one. Make your team synergy crisp and clear, play tournaments and make a name for yourself. Until then, you have no credentials. You are just a random person people get to play with for the duration of one game. Most of the time, nothing you say will have an impact on their playstyle, no matter how good your intentions are.
    'It' happens. You simply have never felt the joy of playing an amazingly fun pub with people communicating in allchat just about anything, be it feedback on their performance or everyone saying how they're using the lengthy pause to roll a J. 'It' also happens in games where stomps are turned around because that one guy started listening, and hell THAT'S FUN. The issue is you must never get that fun and hence don't believe in it.
    The fact that nothing will have an impact on their playstyle is something worth addressing, and it's not a reason to not try; it is even less of a reason to get punished for trying to do something good. It's not their feelings that are hurt when you try to help out- it's their egos.

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post

what you got to understand is that there are basically 3 kinds of players in matchmaking.
    - those who either lack motivation, knowledge or simply happen to have a bad game, yet do not accept advice (your "noobs", some of the mute system supporters)
    - those who either have excessive motivation, knowledge or simply happen to have a good game and therefore try to advice or scold the former group (you or me ~2 years ago)
    - those who formerly belonger to the aforementioned groups and have accepted that bickering doesnt win games but concentration (the rest of the mute system supporters)
    I'd say the groups depend on the point of view

1: Those who are seriously-casual and believe that games shouldn't take effort// Those who have a bloated ego and will see any feedback as an attempt to push them off their throne.
    2: Those who actually try to ensure a decent game for themselves and others (be it by providing feedback if they have the knowledge or accepting it when they lack the knowledge)
    3: The equivalent to your 3rd group: those that are mistaken by the current system and abandon all attempts at rich communication (it is a team game goddamnit).

The problem is that people do not believe that giving&accepting advice can lead to great games.

I also do not understand why not manual-mute if chat is annoying to you. I do remember the days when a moving chatbox would distract me, but nowadays I can play just as well 'singing' the Bohemian Rhapsody in allchat with the opposing team. If someone's flooding and not playing then yes- your argument is valid. But that happens pretty darn rarely and is not what the thread/issue is about, so don't attach any extras to the situation of 'I gave them advice and tried helping them, and as a result I got muted'.

You said it yourself that you wish to reduce the size of your group #1. How do you expect to motivate/enlighten players if not by encouraging communication?

Also please don't throw scolding/flaming and advising in the same category. The first is emphasizing that someone's made a mistake, the latter isn't; but if one sees it as the same thing then you're just being in denial of the mistake in the first place. BTW if I was to learn DOTA by plain trial-and-error I would still suck preeeetty hard.
    Last edited by Propkid; 06-19-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NiHau- View Post
    You can backup you're friends whenever you want i will be making sure hes out.
    I thought that was just basic math knowledge.

Yet again you prove post after post that you are an unscrupulous member of this community who will continually be a repeat offender.

Raspharus,

Just to give you a heads up, not even close to 400+K people use these forums. I don't think you are able to function properly. Stop making up fake things thinking nobody knows how to decipher it.
    Pro MUTE System
    • If you complain about it, you're one of the people who have taken swift punishment from it. Proving it works.
    • If you keep arguing against it, you're a repeat offender, proving it works again.
    • ONLY REPEAT OFFENDERS continue to fight it.
    • Thank you Valve! Finally a system that shuts bad attitudes, big egos and ignorance down like a bad habit.

Do you disagree? Please let me know why HERE!

Basic Member
    No one likes a critic. Too bad, OP.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.E.A. View Post
    I thought that was just basic math knowledge.

Yet again you prove post after post that you are an unscrupulous member of this community who will continually be a repeat offender.

Raspharus,

Just to give you a heads up, not even close to 400+K people use these forums. I don't think you are able to function properly. Stop making up fake things thinking nobody knows how to decipher it.
    Can you please stop licking the admins? And i can't function properly? Last time i checked i wasn't a robot.

@blash Okay man enlighten me. Why does it the mute button still exist if we have a mute ban?
    Last edited by Raspharus; 06-19-2013 at 10:09 PM.

huskar picker.... not shocked they reported you...

but hey, you got making valve look bad under your belt
    ========================= / / / / / =========================

==== / / / / / ==============================================

===================================/ / / / /================