Thread: Hand of midas bug

Basic Member

Hand of midas bug

HoM is sellable while on cooldown. (not possible in d1)

fix it already hell

Are you saying people are buying the item, using it and then selling it again while it still has full sale value? If so that's probably an abuse, but if it's not getting full sale value then I'd say it would be an intended fix.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantCarrot View Post
    Are you saying people are buying the item, using it and then selling it again while it still has full sale value? If so that's probably an abuse, but if it's not getting full sale value then I'd say it would be an intended fix.
    It would take a lot more effort than it's worth to get an enemy/neutral creep close enough to the shop to be able to buy, use, and sellback a midas for full price...

Basic Member
    no this is what hes saying

in dota 1 you wanna replace midas with a better item late game so you sell the midas, if its currently on cooldown you cant sell it.

in dota 2 you can use the cooldown and then sell the item (for half price) but still you gain extra gold than if you had to wait for it to be off cd again.

This is not a Midas only issue. This is different for almost every item with an active ability in Warcraft 3 (Exception: TP Scroll).

Basically, items get set "Undroppable" status for their cooldown duration, and then back droppable when it times out. I don't know why is this way in DotA, you couldn't even directly move the item to another slot if it was on cooldown...

I don't see a reason to keep this weird mechanic if you ask me, but will gladly change my opinion if you convince me otherwise.

In Dota 2 you can do cool things like have a 7th itemslot Refresher on the courier

Basic Member
    ^ i agree but thats a balance thing and this is a bug so it should be looked at

AFAIK that was for disabling multi uses in pool mode in WC3. Each hero had its own item cd and you could use dagon 5 times by sharing so items were made undroppable while on cd to prevent that. Being undroppable caused unsellable too.