Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Units cant attack for a long time after Enchantress' Untouchable debuff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[Fixed] Units cant attack for a long time after Enchantress' Untouchable debuff

1. Attack enemy Enchantress with lvl 4 Untouchable and let the unit finish its attack
    2. try to attack a other Hero

Result: you cannot attack for upto 7 seconds
    Expected Result: after the untouchable debuff wears off you should be able to attack normally again

„Die Kinder von heute kennen kein Vaterunser, dafür aber Deinemudder.“

Volunteer Moderator
    The second part of step 1 isn't necessary - I managed to do it with just initiating an attack on enchantress, then changing to another unit (when your attack speed is low enough)

I believe it's somewhat to do with backswing, and frontswing being initiated while having that slow on you. I'll have to investigate further tonight.

Basic Member
    Never mind

Actually, I've done some further testing, and it seems that your attack cooldown time seems to get "locked" at the beginning of an attack. It's supposed to be dynamic, right?

Volunteer Moderator
    I am not entirely sure how it should work. I think it requires a little more dota 1 investigation tbh.

Logical (UNTESTED) way would be: Store %of attack completed, and when attack speed changes continue from that %age.
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 06-18-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Volunteer Moderator
    Okay, I've tested this with the test map (alternating between -80 agi and 400 agi), and it seems to be as I predicted before:

Store %attack done, and speed up/slow down based on that.

What I believe is happening is that attack speed NEVER changes during frontswing/backswing and is static at whatever it started at.

So this bug is a lot bigger than it appears, and is related to all attack speed changes that happen during any stage of an attack. I will still have to work out what's happening with BAT, but don't have much time near a computer with dota 2 on it, sadly enough.
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 06-19-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    This should be renamed, because it's any frontswing / backswing. Hey valve, you need to fix this for Legion Commander. Otherwise the passive WILL NOT WORK!

Basic Member
    Isn't that exactly the same bug as naix casting rage during an autoattack (thus increasing the as only for next hit, and not current ?)
    Or again with troll's passiv ?

Volunteer Moderator
    It is. I didn't notice that there was a naix bug, and also has the troll passive one ever been proven?

Basic Member
    well, i noticed that every single spell that change current attack speed during an actual attack, is actually only aftecting next attack. (easy to check the difference between dota1 and dota2 with naix rage)
    On troll, it makes an HUGE difference to how his passiv works. since you get the as only for next attack.
    So first hit, you have nothing (dota1 you have almost +20% -you get as very early in the attack animation-)
    Second hit, you have 20% (dota1 you have almost +40%....)

But I think some people already made some table with troll.
    I'll try to find the post about troll, and i can send a vid for naix

Edit: the naix bug might be rage not canceling the attack animation. i didn't made great shot in trying to make the vid. But at least as a naix player, the way how rage works in dota2 always shocked me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIrIb...ature=youtu.be

Edit2: here is troll case (not table i mentionned earlier) http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...ghlight=fervor
    Surprisingly, the thread is tagged as "incorrect" while no1 did ever write that it was wrong.
    ThoAppelsin even gave a suggestion of how to correct it to mimic dota1 behaviour, while keeping the broken attack speed change behaviour that we have currently
    Last edited by miambox; 06-26-2013 at 04:53 PM.