Thread: why i cant skip the tutorial?

Basic Member

why i cant skip the tutorial?

my friend gifted me the game but when i starting the dota 2 its gives me that tutorial x.x
    any way to skip it ?
    but when my friend party me and we find match i can join it and then its fine.
    Last edited by eliyac12; 06-20-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Basic Member
    You are new to the game so you need to learn the basics because that's what new people does , also this stops people from smurfing.

Basic Member
    The tutorial is good. One of the only tutorials I would play if it's optional.

Unfortunately in the current state of the game the tutorial is mandatory and does not offer any tangible benefits to players whom actually understand mobas or have researched DOTA 2 extensively before beginning official play. On the flip side, it ensures that players get some semblance of understanding how the game works in terms of character movement, character control, briefly touching on concepts such as last hitting...it is unfortunately a double-edged sword for the aforementioned players.

The general idea is that the benefits outweigh the cons so buckle up and enjoy it. Think of it like orientation -- Dumb, funny, and obvious but it is something that must be done, though in this case there are DEFINITELY players who need to learn such things.

I mean it's like a one-time 10-15 minute tutorial. It's not too big of a deal right?

Basic Member
    The only reason it's like this is to annoy people who want to smurf.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
    Unfortunately in the current state of the game the tutorial is mandatory and does not offer any tangible benefits to players whom actually understand mobas or have researched DOTA 2 extensively before beginning official play. On the flip side, it ensures that players get some semblance of understanding how the game works in terms of character movement, character control, briefly touching on concepts such as last hitting...it is unfortunately a double-edged sword for the aforementioned players.

The general idea is that the benefits outweigh the cons so buckle up and enjoy it. Think of it like orientation -- Dumb, funny, and obvious but it is something that must be done, though in this case there are DEFINITELY players who need to learn such things.
    you can surely research game mechanics before starting to play, but you can learn things such as camera control and character control only by playing, so the tutorial is definitely good for that. Even if there were no tutorial it would be advisable to play at least one week of bot games before going into pvp.

Basic Member
    Every time someone uses the ugly term "MOBA" I just want to pee on that person's door. Can't we just stick with "aos" or "dota" genre?

It's to let players know whatsup and to prevent insta smurfing at the same time.

Basic Member
    yea and those who finishes tutorial go and autoattack creeps on mid with sniper.