Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Problems with the current communications report system

  1. #1
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8

    Problems with the current communications report system

    First let me say i'm not against the communication report system as a concept but i have some problems with the current implementation.
    I have today been muted for the second time. 48 hours. And the problem i have is i don't know why. I know i have been muted but not why.
    I don't think i have flamed anyone or used any language that warrants me being muted. And that is the problem i know i have been muted i might deserve it but i don't know.

    Some one today said he wanted to report me for not buying wards. Is that why i was muted? I don't know. And that is the problem we don't get enough information to change our behavior. I don't know how many reports i got to be muted. I don't know in which games i got reported i don't even know if it was a particular word or phrase i used? So what am i suppose to learn?

    The current system don't allow you to face your accuser or even the accusation so you cant disputer or even learn from it. And you have no recourse if your are being wrongfully reported against.

    I think over all the system works well but is to closed. There aren't any openness about how the system works. How many reports does it take to get muted? Does it take fewer reports the second time? The rules we are being judged against are unknown to us. I think this is a problem. If the players i report against get the reasons i write like "repeatedly called team mates noobs or idiots" then he at least know why he was reported against. Under the current system they just don't know.

    The aim of they system i think should be to rehabilitate the players that abuse the chat and i don't think it is very good at that now. The fact that there are players getting muted several times suggest that they system dons't rehabilitate them.

    And people who say that if you get a communication ban you probably deserved it. Remember the operative word there is probably. Don't assume that everyone that gets banned it deserved it.
    If the american system cant even keep innocent people of deathrow do you think valve can keep innocent people form getting muted.

    TLDR the current system don't give people enough information to change their behavior there needs to be more openness about the rules and maybe a system to dispute bans.

    My dotabuff page: http://dotabuff.com/players/12031810 Plz feel free to look trough my games and tell me why im muted.

  2. #2
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    114
    I report ppl I dont like!

    I report you, I report others because this system is wrong and every one can abuse it.

    You dont like someone??? REPORT

    If you are band of 4 friends in team?? ALL report so he gets 1 week of nervous attacks.

    It does not matter if he harrassed you or not. Just do it and feel good!

  3. #3
    Basic Member D.E.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SPACE
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Xururuca View Post
    I report ppl I dont like!

    I report you, I report others because this system is wrong and every one can abuse it.

    You dont like someone??? REPORT

    If you are band of 4 friends in team?? ALL report so he gets 1 week of nervous attacks.

    It does not matter if he harrassed you or not. Just do it and feel good!
    You have a severe tendency to be gallivanting around these forums as if you are making the right choice. Instead you've shown ME and the rest of this community how badly needed this punishment system is because you've consistently bragged about abusing it as if you are going to fix it. The bottom line is you've also made it quite apparent that you've missed some important figure throughout your life or you wouldn't feel the need to go into every thread and post ME MEMEEMEM ME I'm an abuser of the system, people aren't going to like you more for it as its self pity at its best.
    Pro MUTE System
    • If you complain about it, you're one of the people who have taken swift punishment from it. Proving it works.
    • If you keep arguing against it, you're a repeat offender, proving it works again.
    • ONLY REPEAT OFFENDERS continue to fight it.
    • Thank you Valve! Finally a system that shuts bad attitudes, big egos and ignorance down like a bad habit.

    Do you disagree? Please let me know why HERE!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by D.E.A. View Post
    You have a severe tendency to be gallivanting around these forums as if you are making the right choice. Instead you've shown ME and the rest of this community how badly needed this punishment system is because you've consistently bragged about abusing it as if you are going to fix it. The bottom line is you've also made it quite apparent that you've missed some important figure throughout your life or you wouldn't feel the need to go into every thread and post ME MEMEEMEM ME I'm an abuser of the system, people aren't going to like you more for it as its self pity at its best.
    Classic DEA. Acting like the authority. Disregard DEA, go about your business.

  5. #5
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadthingsmikey View Post
    Classic DEA. Acting like the authority. Disregard DEA, go about your business.
    So you defend Xururuca's position?

    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

  6. #6
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    114
    DEA you wanted a provement and I am standing here as a big proff.

    You could not say a single thing about topic but wanted to attack me.

    I am stating what people are doing and sampling from myself.

  7. #7
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8

    Stick on topic maybe?

    Could we maybe descuss the validity of my surgestions and not have the same Xururuca vs DEA back an fourth that seem to happen in every post about the mute system.
    By now I know what either of you are going to say before you say it. Xururuca because i have seen his posts and they always say just about the same thing and DEA because he has every post he has ever made summed up in his signature.

    Pro MUTE System
    • If you complain about it, you're one of the people who have taken swift punishment from it. Proving it works.
    • If you keep arguing against it, you're a repeat offender, proving it works again.
    • ONLY REPEAT OFFENDERS continue to fight it.
    • Thank you Valve! Finally a system that shuts bad attitudes, big egos and ignorance down like a bad habit.
    We don't even need to read your posts DEA. If you like the system plz try and state why in a productive way.

  8. #8
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    297
    First: my sig.
    Second: Xururuca is being sarcastic.

    +1 op. Pro-muters absent...

  9. #9
    I am for the mute system. We need it in place to deal with racism, xenophobia, homophobia, various kinds of abuses, life threats and so on. However, I agree with the OP, that the system needs more transparency. I also believe, that the professionals working at Valve will deliver, once the main priorities are dealt with and the focus goes on to the optimization of the mute system.

  10. #10
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by PartialShade View Post
    I am for the mute system. We need it in place to deal with racism, xenophobia, homophobia, various kinds of abuses, life threats and so on. However, I agree with the OP, that the system needs more transparency. I also believe, that the professionals working at Valve will deliver, once the main priorities are dealt with and the focus goes on to the optimization of the mute system.
    What are the main priorities? Moar dollar from hats? So far valve is trying to build an amazing game on shitty rotten foundations. MMR and community management both suck and make the game hardly playable; I think that's the main priority to address, not 'guild system'.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •