Thread: Game crashes during teamfight for multiple people.

Basic Member

Game crashes during teamfight for multiple people.

Match ID: 224389566

The game crashes for clinkz and I (lone druid) during a team fight around 24 minutes. Other people throughout the game are randomly disconnecting too and I'm wondering if these people just have connection problems or they are crashing too.

Valve Developer
    I'll see if I can reproduce the crash from your replay, thanks for the match ID.

Quote Originally Posted by JayStelly View Post
    I'll see if I can reproduce the crash from your replay, thanks for the match ID.
    I don't have time atm to check replay provided in Toffy's post but I am also experiencing "random" crashes together with few IRL friends.

I said "random" because I think I found the pattern, it is kinda random but it ALWAYS happens when I am selecting courier. Last game I crashed 3 times, each time at exact moment I selected courier with my " ~ " keybind. Game before that, I had 2 crashes, also when selecting courier. It doesn't happen every time I select courier but it happens. I also noticed it happens always when I am NOT looking at courier (camera is not on courier, it's on hero).

Hope it helped a bit. I am really not programming savvy but I can confirm with 100% accuracy that after this latest patch I crashed at least 5 times when selecting courier with " ~ " keybind since I started to notice pattern.

EDIT:

Friends just finished game where 4 of them crashed at least once, it wasn't internet, it was crash to desktop and for people who don't have history of DotA 2 crashing before latest patch. They said it were random crashes.

ID: 224745453
    Players crashed: Disruptor, Puck, Sven & Faceless Void (those are confirmed to have crashed)
    Last edited by Rainheart; 06-21-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    None of this is real.

Valve Developer
    Are you using a specific courier?

Donkey, default one.

I left Game ID of friend's game where people were getting random crashes, they didn't notice that crashes were connected to courier usage/selection they just said it were random crashes during the game.

If it matter my mates play on Windows 7, different GPUs and CPUs between them.

I play on WinXP32 SP3, 9800GT GPU, Q6600 CPU, 4GB of RAM (3.25 due to WinXP32). Game options: 1920x1080 resolution, vsync on, everything else off, low shadows, medium textures, 100% texture rendering, have steady 60 fps during the game. EU West/East selected as MM regions.
    Last edited by Rainheart; 06-21-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    None of this is real.

Basic Member
    I confirm. I have had this issue since the latest patch as well. It is always multiple dota2 crash and disconnections one after another and oddly it's always of people in the same team. Happened in 3 of my games so far with 2 times my team disconnecting one by one even though we do not know each other and are not at the same place/using the same internet connection. The other time it happened with the opponent team.

Before this I have had the most stable Dota 2 experience. Stable computer, stable connection. Crashes and Dc-s are very few and far between. But since the patch alone I have crashed about 3 times in 2 days or so.

Edit : It seems the same thing is happening in Orange vs LGD.Int in DSL as well ( only this case it affects the casters as well). Only players from one team disconnecting. But maybe this is a different issue since competitive play in China seems to be plagued with DCs anyway.
    Last edited by gdtz; 06-22-2013 at 08:29 AM.