Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mute system flawed

Basic Member

Unhappy Mute system flawed

I was muted 2 times since i play dota 2 ... the last time was recently ...but today i played a game and i didn't curse or get angry at all ... didn't use rude language, could i pls recieve a proof for why i am beeing muted, i don't see why i could be muted for ... this time is a 167hrs mute! ...
    My nickname ingame is Free2hateme and Steam account is Freestyleroutstandish! I got so angry that i wanted to uninstall game. The only game i played where i think that the reports come from is a game where a troll was owning us and he lost after all, but i reported him for his badmouth and i notified him, and because they were a team i think they reported me by group, and i think that is why i got this ban, but there was no reason to report me as i was not beeing offensive at all... please take your time to check this issue!

Regards,
    Free2HateMe

>notifying people you're reporting them

Jesus christ.

Basic Member
    Let me clear some things up for you (since I was in same situation)

-Valve doesent care if you are muted, you can't complain anywhere, your ban won't be lifted
    -Valve asumes that you deserved your mute ban
    -Valve asumes mute system works, so Valve thinks you are lying
    -There is no chance some of the devs will read or reply to your thread

Yeah I know it's sad and frustrating, let me tell you something. I am serving my second 168 hour ban now ^_^

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post

Jesus christ.
    Cant while muted tard!

Quote Originally Posted by Xururuca View Post
    Cant while muted tard!
    shouldn't be doing it anyways, moron

Its inviting retribution.

Jesus christ.
    I love what the automated mute system supporters have become. It used to be that ragers made threads, and you guys could justifiably say, "Look at what you're saying: 'fucking this, fucking that.' Are you really surprised you're muted?"

Now, you guys say things like "Oh, you gave unsolicited advice; you deserve your mute" / "Oh, you threatened to report others; you deserve your mute."

You guys have become jokes.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko Pils View Post
    Let me clear some things up for you (since I was in same situation)

-Valve doesent care if you are muted, you can't complain anywhere, your ban won't be lifted
    -Valve asumes that you deserved your mute ban
    -Valve asumes mute system works, so Valve thinks you are lying
    -There is no chance some of the devs will read or reply to your thread

Yeah I know it's sad and frustrating, let me tell you something. I am serving my second 168 hour ban now ^_^
    They do actually monitor this site, because I also had write a massive letter about this sort of thing into steam support, one of the staff gave me a link to this site, saying they monitor this more, and more easily accessible, however "thanks me" for my concerns 3 days later, that communication ban thing with the fake stats was put on dota. We just need to prove to them that we don't agree and more players are wanting to leave because of this than stay.

Quote Originally Posted by erik-the-red View Post
    I love what the automated mute system supporters have become. It used to be that ragers made threads, and you guys could justifiably say, "Look at what you're saying: 'fucking this, fucking that.' Are you really surprised you're muted?"

Now, you guys say things like "Oh, you gave unsolicited advice; you deserve your mute" / "Oh, you threatened to report others; you deserve your mute."

You guys have become jokes.
    I'm not saying they deserve their mute for threatening to report others

I'm saying, announcing that you're reporting someone is basically ASKING to be reported back. Just report them and MOVE ON. There's no reason to announce it to them

I opened a poll on this vote now !

Jesus christ.
    Trying to greentext in forums.

Jesus christ.