Before you bash me all the way to hell, I want to start by explicitly stating that I do not intend to pass off as racist in any way, shape, or form.

Now that I've said this, I'd like to bring to attention the number of non-english speakers in the NA servers. I'm fine with having foreigners on my team provided they have a rudimentary understanding of the English language (barring "fuck noob" and "gg"), but all too (seemingly) often I'm paired with squads of non-English speaking players. Again, I'd like to stress that I dont mean to pass off as discriminatory, but in a MOBA-style game, communication is of absolute importance. Players dont need to write essays in chat, but basic knowledge of cardinal directives, such as "help top", "rune is bot", or "push top lane" is and should be a prerequisite. For example, I was laning with a Peruvian player who wasn't exactly proficient with English, but still understood what I was asking of him.

I understand that the commo rose and ping functions exist to ease language barriers, but there are sometimes when those commands just wont suffice.

If you've gotten this far, I sincerely thank you for your consideration.

**This post is open ONLY for CIVILIZED conversation. Trolling is counter-productive and a waste of time**

(original thread: http://www.playdota.com/forums/showt...81#post8517281)