Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THE MUTE SYSTEM, PETITION HERE!!!

Basic Member
    I'm not completely sure why there is a mute system anyway. We already have a feature of muting people from the game via scoreboard. This feature is disruptive and stupid at best, it gets easily abused and discourages people from chatting in game.

Basic Member
    I don't know what's worse - being muted or having a player who's muted on your team. It's a complete break down of communication. The muted player can't effectively communicate with the team for ganks, strategies etc. and instead resorts to spamming chat commands which are annoying as fuck and pings. It also promotes the player who is muted to just feed or afk if his whole team is saying how he's so shit and he's a terrible player (you may say 'oh he deserves to get muted if he's one of those people, but when you're muted your whole attitude changes. you couldn't give a shit while muted.) instead of explaining to people why they are wrong when they tell him how shit he is or something along those lines. Frankly, i'd rather a player telling the whole game about how he porked my mum and raped my dad then having to play with someone who's muted. Than there's the frustration of being muted your self... I don't understand how this could have even made it past the drawing board. It's detrimental both to the players in the game with said muted person and the player him self.
    Last edited by dizzyjai; 06-30-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Basic Member
    Signing, they need to start communicating with the community

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyjai View Post
    I don't know what's worse - being muted or having a player who's muted on your team.
    Indeed.
    Signed.

+1 for the mute system. For all the assholes getting muted You must be one too Gutsy for doing this petition how many weeks?? 2 ? 3 ? Ahhhhhh sweet feeling seeing people doing online petitions. After this consider presenting yourself for elections too ! Just saying ! Asshole !

Mute system is great I agree with it.

People who type is all caps should be muted forever. OP got muted for a reason.
    VOLVO PLZ FIX

Quote Originally Posted by realister View Post
    Mute system is great I agree with it.

People who type is all caps should be muted forever. OP got muted for a reason.
    Regardless of OP the mute system does not work. It has been proven that simply getting 2 reports in a certain amount of time (seems to be proportional to how much you play, you play less you get muted more easily) mutes you even if you entered nothing into chat and never used the mic. That doesn't even make sense.

There is already the feature to mute people in game and if someone is muted and truly deserves it they usually spam pings and "Well Played!" so I have to mute them anyway. Valve just needs to make the mute button more noticeable, its a pin head.

Basic Member
    bumpers

Basic Member
    Just finished playing a compendium game. My whole team was muted including me. Needles to say we lost the game, cause of misscomunication. Score was 50-50 , but we couln't coordinate at late game at all. That cost us the game.

There is nothing else to say really. Mute system need to get removed. Or at least give have an option to unmute people. Even if i wasn't muted, i would be the only one trying to set up some plan for our team and thus would be muted after this game. Please valve get some IQ and remove this carebear feature.