Thread: Visible mmr?

Basic Member

Visible mmr?

I do not know if this have been answered before but why isn't the matchmaking rating visible?

I have honestly no fucking clue why AT LEAST you aren't allowed to see your own rating. In my opinion you should be able to see everyone's total losses and wins and the current hidden mmr.

Is it just to avoid ppl flaming other ppl? Do really someone take offence from being flamed by some random guy cuz they have a certain amount of losses/rating?

If you do, you don't deserve to be on the internet.

Everything in the Dota 2 client (except the gameplay) is fucking broken.
    Where is the ladder?
    Where is the rating?
    Where is the semi-pro scene?

When you put fairly high amount of effort in becoming good at Dota 2 like me, you want something to keep you motivated.
    It's so fucking noob friendly atm.

And even when we got team rating no one give a shit about that, it's just a fucking number. And when dotabuff finally did something about it and implemented DBR, they fucking demand them to remove it AND even made everyone's losses hidden on dotabuff unless you enable the shit.

And let's not get into the mute bullshit, fucking "Well played!" valve/dota2dev.fucks

I'm off.

Basic Member
    I stopped buying skins and items from dota store, until they change things. The ingame experience is good but there is so much missing in the client that its hardly a full game atm.

sorry to tell you but dota 2 will never have visible mmr.

Basic Member
    Because it offends noobs and retards and sandboxers.

Basic Member
    with visible mmr you will have more douchebags, and more rage because " noob mid, fed i now loose elo"
    Also atm the mmr is not based on w/l ratio nor k/d , the way mmr is calculated is not known, if you can see you mmr from match to match you can reverse engineer the way mmr is calculated and this leads to even more
    problems.
    Not to mention that if you are able to see everyone mmr this will lead to a restriction role because if you are the highest rated player in your team you will go mid or carry, because you dont want the top 2 positions go to ppl with lower mmr.

A third point against visible mmr is ppl stop playing games. And i am talking from experience, once i entered Master in Starcraft II i stopped playing because i was afraid to loose ELO

"Where is the semi-pro scene?"
    What do you think the high skill bracket and very high skill bracket represents. just because you have a shitty attitude and you are unable to improve yourself in playing the game sufficiently to get into these brackets that doesn't mean those brackets exist.
    Last edited by SparksFly; 06-22-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Basic Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SparksFly View Post
    with visible mmr you will have more douchebags, and more rage because " noob mid, fed i now loose elo"
    Also atm the mmr is not based on w/l ratio nor k/d , the way mmr is calculated is not known, if you can see you mmr from match to match you can reverse engineer the way mmr is calculated and this leads to even more
    problems.
    Not to mention that if you are able to see everyone mmr this will lead to a restriction role because if you are the highest rated player in your team you will go mid or carry, because you dont want the top 2 positions go to ppl with lower mmr.

A third point against visible mmr is ppl stop playing games. And i am talking from experience, once i entered Master in Starcraft II i stopped playing because i was afraid to loose ELO

"Where is the semi-pro scene?"
    What do you think the high skill bracket and very high skill bracket represents. just because you have a shitty attitude and you are unable to improve yourself in playing the game sufficiently to get into these brackets that doesn't mean those brackets exist.
    Have been playing the the "very high" bracket for almost a year now. But that doesn't change the fact that i want to see my own rating. I know it's common that ppl with shitty attitude think they are the best players but that's false in my case. I just disapprove of valve/dota dev teams reasoning behind not being able to see your own rating.
    Last edited by calgon; 06-22-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Basic Member
    LoL have visible mmr and there is no problem with it...also the game is actually ment to match people with same mmr...so you shouldent get a pub team with big difference in mmr.

Really don't see a reason why we shouldn't be able to see our own MMR.

This has always bothered me personally. I feel like the lack of feedback makes playing with people I meet online like rolling a dice. They could be good, or the could be really bad. It's not like I could just look at the wins, time played, or even win/loss ratio and know if they're good or not since none of those things even relate to their actual individual skill level. Personally, my win/loss is terrible because I play with a lot of friends who are new to the game. Yet when I solo que I usually play with people who are about double my wins. So if we just had a way of determining personal skill level, which I understand would be difficult to accomplish, we would have an idea of where we all stand.