Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: A Report System Experiment #1 (May 13th - May 27th)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DG View Post
    I honesty don't see, even if they did spam well played, why they should get muted for something people that are already muted can do.
    Because the subtext of this exercise is that people who *can't* abuse their teammates are being reported. The implication is that the communications reporting is being used inappropriately.

However, if they are antagonising their teammates in other ways (Well Played!) while complying with the 'letter of the law' of the experminet parameters, then that compromises the experiment in my eyes, since I can absolutely see somebody reporting a 'Well Played!' spammer for communications abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Smile

OP

Care to release the accounts involved for verification purposes? If it can be verified that your small group of friends followed the rules specified then this is good data. The faux statistical analysis offered earlier purportedly debunking your results can safely be ignored: If 1% of the population is currently muted that does not mean that only 1% have ever been muted, which is what you measured. There is also the inflationary effect of mutes to be considered.

You do need to release your data though.

Please respect the mute system and exploiting the system will result in account bans. You've been warned.
    Pro MUTE System
    • If you complain about it, you're one of the people who have taken swift punishment from it. Proving it works.
    • If you keep arguing against it, you're a repeat offender, proving it works again.
    • ONLY REPEAT OFFENDERS continue to fight it.
    • Thank you Valve! Finally a system that shuts bad attitudes, big egos and ignorance down like a bad habit.

Do you disagree? Please let me know why HERE!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.E.A. View Post
    Please respect the mute system and exploiting the system will result in account bans. You've been warned.

http://dotabuff.com/players/124296606
    [I Like to feed. But as you can see when I go in, I don't just give the tip.]

Basic Member
    I like the part where a bunch of high school dropouts tried to tell me my maths was wrong withou providing any evidence to the contrary.

Valve's statement was clear: 1% of players who played in the last month

They provdied no further information, like the number of hours of play the people who were chat banned actually play.

Present your position only using evidence that favours yourself, and leave out any necessary facts, like total hours played by banned people vs nonbanned people.

Valve is happy as Gabe Newell will be able to afford that lipo with all the new players spending the moneys

Woah. Why all the flaming about each other's math competency?

May I suggest we have some positive criticism and outcome from discussions?

Ideas to improve the mute system would be better. Any votes and comments on my community based mute system change in my sig would be appreciated.
    COMMUNITY REGULATED MUTE SYSTEM (CRMS) A Simple Idea with Massive Results
    UNOFFICIAL DASHBOARD POLL Dashboard - OLD vs NEW
    DOTA2 Items ICON SET Design Comparison CHART - Icon Cheat Sheet
    POLL: HEALTH BAR at TOP BAR? - Add health bar to top bar Valve!
    True Sight Indicator like dota1 - What happened to the true sight symbol?!?

Quote Originally Posted by evilcloud5 View Post
    Didn't know that functionality existed. It's been driving me crazy trying to figure out if he's trolling or actually being serious. Thank you.

Basic Member
    Valve should expand the mute system to this forum. Getting 3 people to report and mute D.E.A. shouldn't be difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Nyu20012 View Post
    Valve should expand the mute system to this forum. Getting 3 people to report and mute D.E.A. shouldn't be difficult
    Yeah I had no idea that the ignore list functionality existed or how to use it. The solution is to implement a reporting feature and global ignore list rather than teaching me how to use the individual ignore list functionality already provided for me. This way the community gets to own the definition of ignore list.

OP post new datas