Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: A Report System Experiment #1 (May 13th - May 27th)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    you wouldn't take a survey of 34 people on their political leanings and claim it represented the entire nation.
    Surprisingly enough, this is exactly what exit polls and other political predictions do. That's just how statistics work, it's amazing. Even with a small amount of data you can somewhat accurately predict trends on a larger scale. You are crazy if you think they are surveying thousands of people. The whole point of statistics is to prevent the need of huge samples.

Basic Member
    +1 on what shaella said mostly,I agree with it

Also OP you have no proof,atleast show us the replays or something.I for one am playing dota 2 for quite some time(yes i played dota 2 since before the hole mute fiasco).Guess what:I never got banned/muted/lpqed(whell this actually 2 times but because of leaving a few games because of various reasons).

Good night.Ty for tunning in.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cvse View Post
    +1 on what shaella said mostly,I agree with it

Also OP you have no proof,atleast show us the replays or something.I for one am playing dota 2 for quite some time(yes i played dota 2 since before the hole mute fiasco).Guess what:I never got banned/muted/lpqed(whell this actually 2 times but because of leaving a few games because of various reasons).

Good night.Ty for tunning in.
    34 peoples games x X amount of games. huehuehue your joking right?

Question is how many games have you played since the system. how many a day on average.

Basic Member
    About 1-3 per day depending on what i have to do for school,work.
    Also i am not a pro player,and I am also not a feeder.I never instalock carry,or anything for that matter.I just wait and see what my team needs.
    When all 10 players are loading i start with a :Good luck and have fun(and if I feel like it with a Hello/Hey/or steve's clasic BUUUYA)
    Then i proceed to try and talk to my team mates throu the ingame voice chat(push to talk).If I see that they do not respond in a known language i start using chat wheel.If they do(and mostly they do) I talk with them about anything from builds to strats that we can use to win.
    If I fuck up I say I am sorry and ask them for advice(this one never helped much ingame thou ,lets say that 1 time out of 20 I get proper advice ).

This is how I roll and I never got reported(got alot of folks claiming to report me thou...never happened or they re report did not end up punishing me ).

I also play this with 2 friends and have about 5 more people that I know in real life and play with them sometimes.And well except for 1 neither of them had any problems.And to be fair he has something like 5+ days of lpq and he is an incredible jerk...

Basic Member
    You play so little games, its not surprising you haven't been muted.
    A guy reports another for whatever reason, now the reported guy reported 2 a week, and so on.
    Now granted that Muted can last up to a week, we are going to be a massive community of mutes!
    Even If you aren't affected, you will be eventually.

Basic Member
    What is the optimal nr of games per day that I need to play to be muted?

Basic Member
    I'd say once you start doing 5-6 a day you'll get reported, all you need to do is be unlucky and mess up once with an ass on your team a couple of times and that gets the ball rolling. The problem is once you get muted once it takes few votes to get remuted.
    A guy reports another for whatever reason, now the reported guy reported 2 a week, and so on.
    Now granted that Muted can last up to a week, we are going to be a massive community of mutes!
    Even If you aren't affected, you will be eventually.

>5-6 a day

Fuck that. I maybe have time for 2-3 a day.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    you wouldn't take a survey of 34 people on their political leanings and claim it represented the entire nation.
    lmfao.

Basic Member
    3+ games on Sunday and Monday leaves a good possibility of being muted, especially if you are having some bad games.

http://dotabuff.com/players/124296606
    [I Like to feed. But as you can see when I go in, I don't just give the tip.]