Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Russian announcers

Quote Originally Posted by BadassFreeman View Post
    Well, the item would be in the Shop for every country that can play the game, except China. Do you think most people from arround the world, except Russia, talk Russian?

It would be the same as if I made one in Spanish. A lot of people talk Spanish, but not everyone. All the items that have voices, and also the game itself, should be in English, because it's the most International language in Earth.

I just don't want to say "No because of shitty reasons" like the rest of the people, I don't hate Russians, and people hate them way too much. Just hate stupid people who ruins the fun of everyone else. Specially because most assholes from Matchmaking use Google Translate to look like Russians, and just want to troll. Badly.
    Okay, but if you don't want Russian announcer you can just don't buy it, right? You don't like Dr.Kleiner for example. What you will do? Yes, you will not buy him. Same with this.

Basic Member
    Well consider this: you're not losing anything by making it. OK so noone gets it. So ? Not the end of the world
    The choice is yours

My point is, there are a lot of dumb (sorry guys, but it's true :P) suggestions on this forum. This actually sounds like a fun one.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Quote Originally Posted by @BatsDota View Post
    Okay, but if you don't want Russian announcer you can just don't buy it, right? You don't like Dr.Kleiner for example. What you will do? Yes, you will not buy him. Same with this.
    That's not what i meant. Unless the game is translated to different versions, in different languages, everything should stay in English. People are already racist enough. I like the idea, but i don't see any future to it, right now.

What about making it talk both English and Russian? Mix both languages, then people will do the same with other languages, and Valve would think about adding them all into the game.
    Too lazy to write something with any sense. That's why i spam this here: My DevianArt account, my YouTube Channel, and my Steam Account.

Basic Member
    What about making it talk both English and Russian? Mix both languages, then people will do the same with other languages, and Valve would think about adding them all into the game.
    Ha now THAT is an idea ! I think an English announcer with a Russian accent would be pretty cool. Think of Lycan
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    Ha now THAT is an idea ! I think an English announcer with a Russian accent would be pretty cool. Think of Lycan
    Yeah, I also thinked about this idea. If I'll do announcer on English with russian accent. Will it be good?
    Last edited by @BatsDota; 06-26-2013 at 04:58 PM.

That's not what i meant. Unless the game is translated to different versions, in different languages, everything should stay in English. People are already racist enough. I like the idea, but i don't see any future to it, right now.

I concur .I've come across some nasty russians who go full-abuse-retard on voice chat,and they sound HILARIOUS.A similar announcer which is English + Russian mixed would create havoc lol.
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Guys, I have one good idea about announcer, but I need guy who can understand Russian language and freely translate it into English (not monkey English like mine ). Who's interested, PM me here.

Well played !
    playing dota since 2005!

add a few lines in russian mixed throughout to make it more authentic. anyone can "do" a russian accent :P