Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Russian announcers

Question Russian announcers

How much chances to appear in-game had announcers on Russian language? For example I can give you this one. I ask because trying to make my own announcer, but on English it sounds really shitty. Does it make sense to do it in Russian?

Basic Member
    why announcers would have done better to Russian voiceovers DotA 2

No please....just no,can`t you understand that everyone hates russian?

Basic Member
    Only if they hire actors to do voiceovers, which they probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Velendro View Post
    No please....just no,can`t you understand that everyone hates russian?
    I can understand only one thing: you have a huge baguette about russian guys. Don't answer for all.

Quote Originally Posted by uzikus View Post
    Only if they hire actors to do voiceovers, which they probably won't.
    Yeah, I also think about it. So that's why I ask you, guys.

You can always make an announcer and put it up on the workshop.
    If it proves popular(which it will imho) then there are chances of it being added.

Quote Originally Posted by Double_DeluXe View Post
    You can always make an announcer and put it up on the workshop.
    If it proves popular(which it will imho) then there are chances of it being added.
    Yes, but if there are no russian voicover (for heroes, standart announcer, etc...) does it have a sense?

Quote Originally Posted by @BatsDota View Post
    Yes, but if there are no russian voicover (for heroes, standart announcer, etc...) does it have a sense?
    Would it matter?
    I think the Russian player-base would generally be pleased with a Russian announcer.
    You gotta start somewhere you know.

Basic Member
    Let's be serious now... if we are to think rationally and realistic, there is no logic in a lot of stuff. You have heroes combined from all sorts of "fields": magic (ice, fire, nature etc.) science (sniper\timber - ok maybe not exactly science, but you get me... I hope), technology (laser, homing missile, nuke strikes etc.) and "misc" (not sure what to call void or enigma since they are outside the normal "planes" ?). At the same time, you have them being english, french, scottish, russian, asian and so on.

I don't think there would be a problem with such an announcer, then again I don't know how popularity works in the workshop (pun not intended). In other words, if there is a like system or even a star rating system, people might just downvote it simply because it is russian, which isn't really fair.

But I agree with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_DeluXe View Post
    You gotta start somewhere you know.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Well, the item would be in the Shop for every country that can play the game, except China. Do you think most people from arround the world, except Russia, talk Russian?

It would be the same as if I made one in Spanish. A lot of people talk Spanish, but not everyone. All the items that have voices, and also the game itself, should be in English, because it's the most International language in Earth.

I just don't want to say "No because of shitty reasons" like the rest of the people, I don't hate Russians, and people hate them way too much. Just hate stupid people who ruins the fun of everyone else. Specially because most assholes from Matchmaking use Google Translate to look like Russians, and just want to troll. Badly.
    Too lazy to write something with any sense. That's why i spam this here: My DevianArt account, my YouTube Channel, and my Steam Account.