Thread: [Confirmed] Omniknight's Repel does not remove Bane's Nightmare

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Omniknight's Repel does not remove Bane's Nightmare

In DotA 1, Nightmare End will not wake Bane until he loses the invulnerability from Nightmare
    In Dota 2, Bane can instantly end Nightmare.

In DotA 1, applying Nightmare to a unit already under Nightmare will reapply the invulnerability and apply another instance of the damage over time (working independently from each other). Attacking the unit causes the attacker to only receive one stack of the DoT and the target to wake up.
    In Dota 2, applying Nightmare to a unit already under Nightmare will simply refresh the duration.

Edit:
    In DotA 1, applying Repel to a unit under Nightmare completely removes Nightmare. They are woken and take no further damage.
    In Dota 2, applying Repel to a unit under Nightmare doesn't wake them up, but prevents the HP Removal (???).
    Thanks to WhiteHawke.
    Last edited by imxtrabored; 06-26-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Everything's a friggin buff in dota 2 (even hookshot and other forced movements), and they always have a shitload of problems with them not working independently, as they should. I reckon the list of bugs due to refresher would be massive if anyone actually managed to comprehensively test everything.

Basic Member
    #1 and #2 seem intended to me.
    gonna add #3 to the sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage