Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ### Censorship by VALVE :))))) ###

To all the people saying censorship is bad in all forms, think about the censorship put on nuclear weapons and specifically centrifuges for uranium enrichment. By your assumption no one should be preventing north koreans to obtain that knowledge...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PartialShade View Post
    To all the people saying censorship is bad in all forms, think about the censorship put on nuclear weapons and specifically centrifuges for uranium enrichment. By your assumption no one should be preventing north koreans to obtain that knowledge...
    ah, nice comparism. so you can censor objects, goods, material things. and i can see the analogy between north korean nukes and a chat-bann in an online-game.

people like you make me doubt the concept of freedom of speech. why are you even bringing up politics when
    - you most likely know little about them
    - they are only utilized as an analogy, a wrong one at that
    ?

as much as i am against the mute-system....i dont see anything wrong with taking away the right to articulate from people who have nothing of relevance or significance to contribute. your kind abuses freedom of speech as freedom to articulate anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by the_gambler View Post
    ah, nice comparism. so you can censor objects, goods, material things. and i can see the analogy between north korean nukes and a chat-bann in an online-game.

people like you make me doubt the concept of freedom of speech. why are you even bringing up politics when
    ?

as much as i am against the mute-system....i dont see anything wrong with taking away the right to articulate from people who have nothing of relevance or significance to contribute. your kind abuses freedom of speech as freedom to articulate anything at all.
    I wasn't comparing the mute system with anything. People said they are against any kind of censorship, so I tried to give them food for thought.
    You are making the wrong articulation here, not I.

Quote Originally Posted by the_gambler View Post

?

The concept of freedomg of speech does NOT exist in a forum.

The freedom of speech simply means that you're allowed to say what you want: but no one is forced to make it public. A newspaper decides what it prints, a TV channel decides what it shows (sort of, there are some regulations) and a forum administration team can decide what they want to hear or not. It's the same ingame: a company decides what it wants to hear or whom.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    I don't see a problem here, you deserve to be muted in-game, this threads deserves to be deleted, and you deserve a forum ban.
    and you, forum troll, i wont tell u what you deserve ))

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranaki View Post
    you should go back to school or even better: to a school outside of the US. it's even free in most places in europe for example.
    Im from Poland.

Basic Member
    thats not censorship. its called a Non Disclosure Agreement. Millitary or commercial. And what the hell north korea ? the reason of keeping information like that is $$$ not safety
    nuclear weapons are passť anyway

Edit : gj valve cant even setup forum auto post merges
    Last edited by MeKillU-; 07-07-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Then again, north korea and world leaders overall censor stuff in order to maintain good relations to other countries and their people.

Don't get me wrong: I agree with you and also Craig that we need censorship right now, but in the future humanity should try to be more open towards each other.
    Never underestimate the power of the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by MeKillU- View Post
    Best way to proove to me that you are like communists

I post a thread where i "waste my time" - your most valued forum member input quote - preparing for a site with mute system feedback / reporting bad bans, system abuse.

BAM banned threads removed.

CENSOR AWAY COMMUNIST PIGS BAN THIS TOO !

Also ill post my experience with your broken game, forum and hidden hand "moderaters" without balls to actually post anything only banning. on some old d1 forums telling players to stay the fuck away wont hurt you (at least not in a way you will notice) but i will have the satisfaction of driving players away from your toxic company

ive played DotA around the time you were fixing errors with counter strike source - who are you, little peasants to destroy the game you stolen. not by law but by common sense.
    as you have stolen the quake engine like many but you did the best job at failing to maintain it properly
    Where did you learn your Political History?

If you do your research I'm sure that you'll find that Marx was strongly in favour of freedom of information and freedom of the press. I have no doubt that he viewed censorship as a tool of the capitalist elite.
    Last edited by Craig; 07-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    To avoid LPQ:

Don't draw attention to yourself
    Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
    Mute all at lvl 1
    Only play in parties
    Get alternate accounts
    Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
    Don't play too well
    Don't play on Sunday or Monday
    Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Where did you learn your Political History?

If you do your research I'm sure that you'll find that Marx was strongly in favour of freedom of information and freedom of the press. I have no doubt that he viewed censorship as a tool of the capitalist elite.
    they were all allways so noble in their theories, even Hitler really
    what about practice ?

oh and where i learned ? surely not school... i read Mein Kampf and some Stalin books (some time ago) amongst many. + The Prince etc etc.
    and about communism i know enough to know that utopian communism would be cool but will not happen in the foreseeable future. The rest is just power hungry sick tards using fairy tales to justify their actions. Or just stupid idealists.
    Last edited by MeKillU-; 07-07-2013 at 02:32 PM.