Thread: Suggested Item/Skill Build for 'New' Players

Basic Member

Suggested Item/Skill Build for 'New' Players

As a number of you know, I now play the game 'seriously' (i.e. believe roles should be filled appropriately, etc.). For quite a few people, however, they just want to play a game for fun (I know, how ridiculous). For those people, seeing the suggested item build of {Wards, Bracers, thats about it} is probably not something very inviting. I think it might be nicer to include suggested item builds for various different roles that a hero could play (including stupid ones).

This thought came out of this thread's title: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...ry-intel-wards

I opened the thread and thought 'you know, sometimes getting a dagon on naix is just right." (okay, not that extreme... not to say I haven't done it).

The same goes for skill builds - notice there is a big functional difference between a max wards 1 sting 1 passive veno vs max sting max passive no wards stats veno. Even though there is a preference for some builds vs others to many heroes in higher level play, there isn't a need to force this on the lower level players that want to "just kill ****." Not saying that the 'good' or 'proper' builds shouldn't be there, but rather they should be a choice of a couple.

As far as implementation goes, not sure how to start this w/o it being too busy. Just a quick thought, though.

There will be guides linked to the heroes. When you chose a hero you can see also a guide next to it, just this doesnt work yet. And there are already suggested item builds

Basic Member
    I know there are already a few things in place, I was saying something more like two (or more) separate tabs with different item builds.

E.g.:

(Tab 1) VS -> Support/Ganker -> Chicken + Wards + wand + bottle + dust + TP
    (Tab 2) VS -> DPS -> Treads/Phase + Deso + bfly + divine + buriza

Instead of having a suggested of just wards or wand and luxury items bfly

This way they get to see a full build through with each role in mind and see how if performs. Not just 'ok I got lots of wards now I save for my eagle'