Thread: Mute Menu Music

Mute Menu Music

Hey. Would it be possible to put an option into Dota 2 that allows you to disable menu music?

Reason for this is, I usually watch videos and stuff while waiting for a party to play with, chat with people and while waiting for matchmaking. How it is at the moment means I have to mute the game until I'm ready to play and join in.
    If you could add this, it would be a god send <3

Basic Member
    Yea I try lowering music volume to lowest but it continues to play

Basic Member

temp fix for music volume bug

same, the only way to get it really low is to change your master volume down as well and maybe turn your headphones up, but why would we want to do that? this needs to be fixed asap! I only noticed it after a patch about a month ago.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...216#post647216

see my post for the temporary resolution
    Last edited by JungleLove; 07-07-2013 at 08:51 AM. Reason: found a temp fix and posted on another feed

Sorry, I know this reply is SUPER late, but one way to fix it is to use the stopsound cheat command in console. You can either do it manually with "sv_cheats 1; stopsound" or put it in your autoexec script (as two separate commands). This only works when you are in the main menu since that is the only time you control the cheat cvar, but you can use it every time you go back to the menu and don't want to hear the music.

Basic Member
    Yeah, and if you're in the Borderless Window, you won't hear any Dota sounds (besides the "Ready" alarm) when you Alt-tab.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

+1 Although there is already an older thread on this issue. [Suggestion] Option to disable menu music separately from ingame music